Deards' delight for Royston
Herts/Middlesex 2 Quintin 16 Royston 20 ROYSTON gained a good away win despite travelling to Chiswick with a revised team due to a number of injuries to key players. An early long range penalty was converted by the Quintin centre, signalling that discipl
ROYSTON gained a good away win despite travelling to Chiswick with a revised team due to a number of injuries to key players.
You may also want to watch:
An early long range penalty was converted by the Quintin centre, signalling that discipline was going to be key to Royston getting a result.
A further penalty saw Royston on the back foot with nothing really working properly, the front row of Steve Patmore, Steve Mills and Rab Bissett was being put under immense pressure with no real answer.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The home side scored a try which was converted as they established a 13-0 lead before Royston rallied.
Jason Deards kicked a superb penalty to reduced the deficit before the break and shortly after the turnaround he added a second.
A breakaway by Quintin was stopped by a superb tackle from Dan Skuce and resulted in a flow of play through the hands leading to a try from Aycliffe, Deards calmly converted to tie the scores.
Quintin re-established their lead with another penalty but from the restart Royston engaged in a spell of play that ended with Patmore crossing the white wash under the posts. Deards converted to give Royston a four point victory.
Next week sees Royston at home in the league against Old Isleworthian.