Deards' delight for Royston
Herts/Middlesex 2 Quintin 16 Royston 20 ROYSTON gained a good away win despite travelling to Chiswick with a revised team due to a number of injuries to key players. An early long range penalty was converted by the Quintin centre, signalling that discipl
ROYSTON gained a good away win despite travelling to Chiswick with a revised team due to a number of injuries to key players.
You may also want to watch:
An early long range penalty was converted by the Quintin centre, signalling that discipline was going to be key to Royston getting a result.
A further penalty saw Royston on the back foot with nothing really working properly, the front row of Steve Patmore, Steve Mills and Rab Bissett was being put under immense pressure with no real answer.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
The home side scored a try which was converted as they established a 13-0 lead before Royston rallied.
Jason Deards kicked a superb penalty to reduced the deficit before the break and shortly after the turnaround he added a second.
A breakaway by Quintin was stopped by a superb tackle from Dan Skuce and resulted in a flow of play through the hands leading to a try from Aycliffe, Deards calmly converted to tie the scores.
Quintin re-established their lead with another penalty but from the restart Royston engaged in a spell of play that ended with Patmore crossing the white wash under the posts. Deards converted to give Royston a four point victory.
Next week sees Royston at home in the league against Old Isleworthian.