Dawson wins Royston Golf Club’s President’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Consistency was the name of the game for Darren Dawson as he returned a two under par round of 68 at Royston Golf Club to win the President’s Cup.
Playing off four he followed up last week’s round of 68 with the same score but this time in far more testing weather conditions.
His round was the only one under par on the day which just backs up how well he played.
Dawson’s total of 136 was four shots clear of Chris Watson in second place and a further shot ahead of Mick Joyner in third.
The Single Stableford competition played on the Sunday for non-qualifiers of the President’s Cup was won by Mark Crowley with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
He was ahead of Arlo Blair on 34 and Ian Dell with 32, who pipped Nigel Thomas to third on count back.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm