Dawson wins Royston Golf Club’s President’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Consistency was the name of the game for Darren Dawson as he returned a two under par round of 68 at Royston Golf Club to win the President’s Cup.
Playing off four he followed up last week’s round of 68 with the same score but this time in far more testing weather conditions.
His round was the only one under par on the day which just backs up how well he played.
Dawson’s total of 136 was four shots clear of Chris Watson in second place and a further shot ahead of Mick Joyner in third.
The Single Stableford competition played on the Sunday for non-qualifiers of the President’s Cup was won by Mark Crowley with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
He was ahead of Arlo Blair on 34 and Ian Dell with 32, who pipped Nigel Thomas to third on count back.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction