Dawson wins Royston Golf Club’s President’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Consistency was the name of the game for Darren Dawson as he returned a two under par round of 68 at Royston Golf Club to win the President’s Cup.
Playing off four he followed up last week’s round of 68 with the same score but this time in far more testing weather conditions.
His round was the only one under par on the day which just backs up how well he played.
Dawson’s total of 136 was four shots clear of Chris Watson in second place and a further shot ahead of Mick Joyner in third.
The Single Stableford competition played on the Sunday for non-qualifiers of the President’s Cup was won by Mark Crowley with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
He was ahead of Arlo Blair on 34 and Ian Dell with 32, who pipped Nigel Thomas to third on count back.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended