Dawson in driving seat
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men s Medal match at Royston Golf Club. Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, wit
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men's Medal match at Royston Golf Club.
Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, with his handicap of 5 factored in, to beat his rivals by two shots.
Dawson also won the best scratch prize.
Keith Cridland came in second scoring 71, while Dave Shaw and Phil Neep were both 2 over par.
The second division saw a closer climax, Mike Phizacklea achieving par with a net score of 70 to win, with Jim Evans close on his heels at 71.
Three players shared a two-over-par score of 72, Dave Millership eventually collecting bronze ahead of Robin Coles and Steve Brooker.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Dawson and Phizacklea will both have their handicaps reduced, having won their divisions.
The Ladies Alternate February Bogie was won with a 3 down score against the course bogey, with Alice Lewis and Joanne Hilliard both one hole worse.
The Ladies Golf Union Medal for the best four scores in 2007 went to Carolyn Devany, beating Alice Lewis into second, with Kathy Musgrave coming third.