Dawson in driving seat
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men s Medal match at Royston Golf Club. Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, wit
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men's Medal match at Royston Golf Club.
Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, with his handicap of 5 factored in, to beat his rivals by two shots.
Dawson also won the best scratch prize.
Keith Cridland came in second scoring 71, while Dave Shaw and Phil Neep were both 2 over par.
You may also want to watch:
The second division saw a closer climax, Mike Phizacklea achieving par with a net score of 70 to win, with Jim Evans close on his heels at 71.
Three players shared a two-over-par score of 72, Dave Millership eventually collecting bronze ahead of Robin Coles and Steve Brooker.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Dawson and Phizacklea will both have their handicaps reduced, having won their divisions.
The Ladies Alternate February Bogie was won with a 3 down score against the course bogey, with Alice Lewis and Joanne Hilliard both one hole worse.
The Ladies Golf Union Medal for the best four scores in 2007 went to Carolyn Devany, beating Alice Lewis into second, with Kathy Musgrave coming third.