Dawson in driving seat
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men s Medal match at Royston Golf Club. Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, wit
Windy conditions were influential in deciding the victors in both divisions of the February Men's Medal match at Royston Golf Club.
Only one player managed to better the course par of 70, with Division 1 winner Darren Dawson achieving net score of 69, with his handicap of 5 factored in, to beat his rivals by two shots.
Dawson also won the best scratch prize.
Keith Cridland came in second scoring 71, while Dave Shaw and Phil Neep were both 2 over par.
You may also want to watch:
The second division saw a closer climax, Mike Phizacklea achieving par with a net score of 70 to win, with Jim Evans close on his heels at 71.
Three players shared a two-over-par score of 72, Dave Millership eventually collecting bronze ahead of Robin Coles and Steve Brooker.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
Dawson and Phizacklea will both have their handicaps reduced, having won their divisions.
The Ladies Alternate February Bogie was won with a 3 down score against the course bogey, with Alice Lewis and Joanne Hilliard both one hole worse.
The Ladies Golf Union Medal for the best four scores in 2007 went to Carolyn Devany, beating Alice Lewis into second, with Kathy Musgrave coming third.