Dallow has a debut to remember
Royston Town Res 5 Aylesbury Res 1 ANOTHER home game and another changed line up, but a very different performance this week from Royston s reserves as they began their defence of the Reserves Challenge Trophy with a resounding victory over Aylesbury. Wit
Royston Town Res 5 Aylesbury Res 1
ANOTHER home game and another changed line up, but a very different performance this week from Royston's reserves as they began their defence of the Reserves Challenge Trophy with a resounding victory over Aylesbury.
With three debutants in the line-up it took Royston a little time to settle down, but once they did Williams and Saunders were magnificent in midfield and were ably supported by a resilient back four well marshalled by the return of Mike Baker.
The visitors managed to find the back of the net with their only shot of the first half, a long range effort that took a wicked bounce in front of young Wayne Simpson in his first appearance for the club, but Mike Bloss put Town on level terms with a typically powerful header from a corner right on the stroke of the half.
You may also want to watch:
From the start of the second period Royston were unstoppable with debutant Stuart Dallow particularly impressive.
Time and time again he put the Aylesbury defence on the back foot and gained his just rewards with a well taken goal.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
Saunders netted from close range and Brendan Lees showed what a bright future he has by thundering home from fully 40 yards for Royston's fourth.
As the game ran out, Dallow thundered home a fierce angled drive to complete a fine day for him and his new team.