Cycle Club Ashwell trio take on the Tour of Malta
- Credit: Archant
Riders from Cycle Club Ashwell made their way overseas to take part in the Tour of Malta.
Martin Lawless, Dave Wells and Jenny Andrews were competing in CCA blue for the four-day amateur stage race.
Stage 1 was a flat 9.5 mile time trial and Martin claimed the 12th fastest time, Dave was 22nd and Jenny, in the women’s category, took 17th.
Stage 2 was a tough eight passes of a gruelling climb, taking the riders from sea level to 50 meters above.
Martin stayed with the leaders to the bunch sprint taking 14th with Dave in 28th. In the women’s event, Jenny became detached from the main group early on and braved a solo effort to complete all eight laps.
Stage 3 meant a ferry over to the island of Gozo where Martin was 15th, Dave 26th and Jenny 19th.
On the final day, Martin finished 17th for 13th overall, Dave came 26th and 25th overall while Jenny finished in 19th place.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure