Cycle Club Ashwell trio take on the Tour of Malta
- Credit: Archant
Riders from Cycle Club Ashwell made their way overseas to take part in the Tour of Malta.
Martin Lawless, Dave Wells and Jenny Andrews were competing in CCA blue for the four-day amateur stage race.
Stage 1 was a flat 9.5 mile time trial and Martin claimed the 12th fastest time, Dave was 22nd and Jenny, in the women’s category, took 17th.
Stage 2 was a tough eight passes of a gruelling climb, taking the riders from sea level to 50 meters above.
Martin stayed with the leaders to the bunch sprint taking 14th with Dave in 28th. In the women’s event, Jenny became detached from the main group early on and braved a solo effort to complete all eight laps.
You may also want to watch:
Stage 3 meant a ferry over to the island of Gozo where Martin was 15th, Dave 26th and Jenny 19th.
On the final day, Martin finished 17th for 13th overall, Dave came 26th and 25th overall while Jenny finished in 19th place.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims