Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell rides to second in Eastern Series
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell continued her superb form to finish second in round two of the Mud, Sweat and Gears Eastern Series event at Carver Barracks, near Saffron Walden.
In Ipswich, Jon Chapman took on the Spring Scramble: a category three and four race, on a tough, hilly course.
With some early breaks quickly being brought back, Chapman stayed in the bunch and waited for the right time to attack.
A missed opportunity to escape with a breakaway group left Chapman to battle it out for the bunch sprint.
A sharp burst of speed up the final ascent took him past numerous riders and into the top 10 of the main group as they hit the line.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, the ECCA 10-mile TT was held on the flat A11 course near Duxford.
Justin Layne set a new club record of 19 minutes 30 seconds to take victory.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
For Cycle Club Ashwell’s full weekend results go to www.roystoncrow.co.uk