Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell rides to second in Eastern Series
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell continued her superb form to finish second in round two of the Mud, Sweat and Gears Eastern Series event at Carver Barracks, near Saffron Walden.
In Ipswich, Jon Chapman took on the Spring Scramble: a category three and four race, on a tough, hilly course.
With some early breaks quickly being brought back, Chapman stayed in the bunch and waited for the right time to attack.
A missed opportunity to escape with a breakaway group left Chapman to battle it out for the bunch sprint.
A sharp burst of speed up the final ascent took him past numerous riders and into the top 10 of the main group as they hit the line.
Closer to home, the ECCA 10-mile TT was held on the flat A11 course near Duxford.
Justin Layne set a new club record of 19 minutes 30 seconds to take victory.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
For Cycle Club Ashwell’s full weekend results go to www.roystoncrow.co.uk