Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell rides to second in Eastern Series
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell’s Harley Pell continued her superb form to finish second in round two of the Mud, Sweat and Gears Eastern Series event at Carver Barracks, near Saffron Walden.
In Ipswich, Jon Chapman took on the Spring Scramble: a category three and four race, on a tough, hilly course.
With some early breaks quickly being brought back, Chapman stayed in the bunch and waited for the right time to attack.
A missed opportunity to escape with a breakaway group left Chapman to battle it out for the bunch sprint.
A sharp burst of speed up the final ascent took him past numerous riders and into the top 10 of the main group as they hit the line.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, the ECCA 10-mile TT was held on the flat A11 course near Duxford.
Justin Layne set a new club record of 19 minutes 30 seconds to take victory.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
For Cycle Club Ashwell’s full weekend results go to www.roystoncrow.co.uk