Cycle Club Ashwell’s Field closes on series crown
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell’s Jackie Field delivered another great result at round five of the RTTC Classic Series held in North Wales at the weekend.
A strong ride ensued with Field clocking a time of 50 minutes 51 seconds, taking third place on the day.
The final and deciding round of the women’s senior title will take place in October.
To top things off, Field took another maximum points haul with an overall win in the women’s veteran series.
Currently showing his talent on the continent, CCA’s Charlie Passfield finished sixth in France in a field of 125 riders for the 75-mile road race.
You may also want to watch:
At the club’s 10-mile time trials, Spirit Racing Team’s Cameron Woolsey clocked the fastest time of the evening, 20 minutes and 29 seconds.
Tom Trimble recorded a time of 22:05 to take second place. overall. Full Results: Tom Trimble 22:05; Steve Miles 24:03; Brendan Ronayne 24:09; Travis Pell(J) 24:28; Carmelo Luggeri 24:38; James Davis 24:41; Dave Wells 24:55; Simon Morris 25:21; Jenny Andrews(W) 26:49; Tim Allen 27:18; Daniel Doncaster 27:23; Jamie Quiggin 27:50; Robert Bumstead 27:52; Harley Pell(WJ) 28:03.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside