Cycle Club Ashwell’s Field closes on series crown
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell’s Jackie Field delivered another great result at round five of the RTTC Classic Series held in North Wales at the weekend.
A strong ride ensued with Field clocking a time of 50 minutes 51 seconds, taking third place on the day.
The final and deciding round of the women’s senior title will take place in October.
To top things off, Field took another maximum points haul with an overall win in the women’s veteran series.
Currently showing his talent on the continent, CCA’s Charlie Passfield finished sixth in France in a field of 125 riders for the 75-mile road race.
You may also want to watch:
At the club’s 10-mile time trials, Spirit Racing Team’s Cameron Woolsey clocked the fastest time of the evening, 20 minutes and 29 seconds.
Tom Trimble recorded a time of 22:05 to take second place. overall. Full Results: Tom Trimble 22:05; Steve Miles 24:03; Brendan Ronayne 24:09; Travis Pell(J) 24:28; Carmelo Luggeri 24:38; James Davis 24:41; Dave Wells 24:55; Simon Morris 25:21; Jenny Andrews(W) 26:49; Tim Allen 27:18; Daniel Doncaster 27:23; Jamie Quiggin 27:50; Robert Bumstead 27:52; Harley Pell(WJ) 28:03.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs