Cycle Club Ashwell member claims top six finish at National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury
- Credit: Archant
At the National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury, Adam Lightfoot was Cycle Club Ashwell’s highest finisher of the day, taking sixth in the U16 boys’ race.
Lightfoot began the race outside the top 10 but fought through the pack to claim a terrific final position.
In the same race, Felix Field finished in a credible 31st position while Noah Field was 36th.
Jackie Field lined up for the veteran women’s race despite an ongoing injury.
After a steady start, Field came through strong towards the end, finally finishing in ninth.
You may also want to watch:
In the U14 girls’ race, Harley Pell and Sophie Lewis both had a superb start with Pell taking the lead off the line and Lewis jumping ahead several rows to also head the field.
A tough race ensued but the girls fought hard to take top 10 finishes, Lewis crossing the line in eighth and Pell in 10th.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
In the first event of the new year, CCA’s Adam Swan kicked off his racing season with second place in the category four race at the Lee Valley Cycle Circuit Races.
Proving his form, Swan returned to Lee Valley last weekend and, executing a similar race strategy, he went one step further to take an outstanding win and in the process, gain his third category licence.
Lillie Swan also took to racing like a duck to water taking third place in her first-ever race.
For more information on Cycle Club Ashwell, visit www.ccashwell.com