Cycle Club Ashwell member claims top six finish at National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury
- Credit: Archant
At the National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury, Adam Lightfoot was Cycle Club Ashwell’s highest finisher of the day, taking sixth in the U16 boys’ race.
Lightfoot began the race outside the top 10 but fought through the pack to claim a terrific final position.
In the same race, Felix Field finished in a credible 31st position while Noah Field was 36th.
Jackie Field lined up for the veteran women’s race despite an ongoing injury.
After a steady start, Field came through strong towards the end, finally finishing in ninth.
In the U14 girls’ race, Harley Pell and Sophie Lewis both had a superb start with Pell taking the lead off the line and Lewis jumping ahead several rows to also head the field.
A tough race ensued but the girls fought hard to take top 10 finishes, Lewis crossing the line in eighth and Pell in 10th.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
In the first event of the new year, CCA’s Adam Swan kicked off his racing season with second place in the category four race at the Lee Valley Cycle Circuit Races.
Proving his form, Swan returned to Lee Valley last weekend and, executing a similar race strategy, he went one step further to take an outstanding win and in the process, gain his third category licence.
Lillie Swan also took to racing like a duck to water taking third place in her first-ever race.
For more information on Cycle Club Ashwell, visit www.ccashwell.com