Cycle Club Ashwell member claims top six finish at National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury
- Credit: Archant
At the National Cyclo-cross Championships in Shrewsbury, Adam Lightfoot was Cycle Club Ashwell’s highest finisher of the day, taking sixth in the U16 boys’ race.
Lightfoot began the race outside the top 10 but fought through the pack to claim a terrific final position.
In the same race, Felix Field finished in a credible 31st position while Noah Field was 36th.
Jackie Field lined up for the veteran women’s race despite an ongoing injury.
After a steady start, Field came through strong towards the end, finally finishing in ninth.
You may also want to watch:
In the U14 girls’ race, Harley Pell and Sophie Lewis both had a superb start with Pell taking the lead off the line and Lewis jumping ahead several rows to also head the field.
A tough race ensued but the girls fought hard to take top 10 finishes, Lewis crossing the line in eighth and Pell in 10th.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
In the first event of the new year, CCA’s Adam Swan kicked off his racing season with second place in the category four race at the Lee Valley Cycle Circuit Races.
Proving his form, Swan returned to Lee Valley last weekend and, executing a similar race strategy, he went one step further to take an outstanding win and in the process, gain his third category licence.
Lillie Swan also took to racing like a duck to water taking third place in her first-ever race.
For more information on Cycle Club Ashwell, visit www.ccashwell.com