Cycle Club Ashwell have successful weekend
- Credit: Archant
Cycle Club Ashwell Cyclo-Crossers competed in multiple events in both the Eastern and Cental Cyclo Cross Leagues over the weekend, with some terrific results.
At Davey Down near Thurrock, an impressive 25 Ashwell riders took on a lightly muddied and tricky riding course.
In the U10s race, Joseph Hadsley and Mark Lightfoot claimed second and third positions respectively in a closely fought race.
James Fraser made it on to the under 12’s podium with third place, just ahead of Archie Foulkes in fourth.
Meanwhile RAF Halton near Wendover played host to the fourth round of the Central Cyclo Cross League.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph Hadsley kept his form from the previous week to take fourth in the U10s race while Nathan Hardy took a solid sixth place in the U12s.
In the girls’ event, Sophie Proctor looked set to take the victory in the U14 and U16s race until an unfortunate puncture caused her to still finish on the podium, but only in third.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
In the Eastern League in Mistley, fresh from his fourth place position in the U10s at RAF Halton, Hadsley showed his pace to claim first place with Mark Lightfoot finishing strongly to complete a fantastic one-two.
Tim Duckett made the most of his new equipment to become the first CCA member home in the veterans 40-49 category.
On the Hillingdon circuit, Tom Trimble claimed a much deserved fifth position, thus giving him the points he needed to gain his category two race licence.
Anthony Morris completed a fantastic weekend for CCA after coming home in a second place in the Eastern Road Race League.
The final standings in the Eastern Road Race League saw Ashwell finish a respectable fifth position overall.