Cup glory for Royston Town Hearts
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town Hearts U12s won the League Cup with a 4-2 victory against Buntingford Cougars.
Hearts started brightly, having plenty of chances but failing to convert them.
The teams went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half was a different story.
Cougars came out fighting and scored first and then added a second.
With 15 minutes remaining, Hearts staged a tremendous come back. Jack Davis scored to make it 2-1 and then crossed for Danny Baulk to draw level.
With three minutes remaining captain Charlie Johnson headed in a Davis corner to put Royston in front, and then in the last minute Louis Harward found Jamie Judge to make it 4-2, putting the game out of reach for Cougars. Darren Harward Hearts’ manager, said: “I am so proud of all of the boys. They showed great character to come back from 2-0 down and to win the league cup two years in succession now is a fantastic achievement for them.
“I would also like to say well done to Buntingford who gave us a very hard match.”
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year