Cup glory for Royston Town Hearts
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town Hearts U12s won the League Cup with a 4-2 victory against Buntingford Cougars.
Hearts started brightly, having plenty of chances but failing to convert them.
The teams went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half was a different story.
Cougars came out fighting and scored first and then added a second.
With 15 minutes remaining, Hearts staged a tremendous come back. Jack Davis scored to make it 2-1 and then crossed for Danny Baulk to draw level.
You may also want to watch:
With three minutes remaining captain Charlie Johnson headed in a Davis corner to put Royston in front, and then in the last minute Louis Harward found Jamie Judge to make it 4-2, putting the game out of reach for Cougars. Darren Harward Hearts’ manager, said: “I am so proud of all of the boys. They showed great character to come back from 2-0 down and to win the league cup two years in succession now is a fantastic achievement for them.
“I would also like to say well done to Buntingford who gave us a very hard match.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims