Cup glory for Royston Town Hearts
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town Hearts U12s won the League Cup with a 4-2 victory against Buntingford Cougars.
Hearts started brightly, having plenty of chances but failing to convert them.
The teams went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half was a different story.
Cougars came out fighting and scored first and then added a second.
With 15 minutes remaining, Hearts staged a tremendous come back. Jack Davis scored to make it 2-1 and then crossed for Danny Baulk to draw level.
You may also want to watch:
With three minutes remaining captain Charlie Johnson headed in a Davis corner to put Royston in front, and then in the last minute Louis Harward found Jamie Judge to make it 4-2, putting the game out of reach for Cougars. Darren Harward Hearts’ manager, said: “I am so proud of all of the boys. They showed great character to come back from 2-0 down and to win the league cup two years in succession now is a fantastic achievement for them.
“I would also like to say well done to Buntingford who gave us a very hard match.”
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate