Cup glory for Royston Town Hearts
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town Hearts U12s won the League Cup with a 4-2 victory against Buntingford Cougars.
Hearts started brightly, having plenty of chances but failing to convert them.
The teams went in 0-0 at half time, but the second half was a different story.
Cougars came out fighting and scored first and then added a second.
With 15 minutes remaining, Hearts staged a tremendous come back. Jack Davis scored to make it 2-1 and then crossed for Danny Baulk to draw level.
You may also want to watch:
With three minutes remaining captain Charlie Johnson headed in a Davis corner to put Royston in front, and then in the last minute Louis Harward found Jamie Judge to make it 4-2, putting the game out of reach for Cougars. Darren Harward Hearts’ manager, said: “I am so proud of all of the boys. They showed great character to come back from 2-0 down and to win the league cup two years in succession now is a fantastic achievement for them.
“I would also like to say well done to Buntingford who gave us a very hard match.”
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times