Cup blow for Fowlmere as Coates slam five
Coates Athletic 5 Fowlmere 2 Fowlmere s Junior Invitation Cup run came to an end with Steve Walker s side coming unstuck against a strong Coates Athletic team. Despite taking the lead after 15 minutes, when Neil Robinson turned home Darren Dyer
Coates Athletic 5 Fowlmere 2
Fowlmere's Junior Invitation Cup run came to an end with Steve Walker's side coming unstuck against a strong Coates Athletic team.
Despite taking the lead after 15 minutes, when Neil Robinson turned home Darren Dyer's cross from the right, Fowlmere trailed 3-1 at half-time.
Coates Athletic increased their lead on the hour mark, before Steve Cooke restored some hope with an intelligent lob.
You may also want to watch:
However, another mix-up at the back allowed the home side in for number five after 75 minutes.
Manager Steve Walker said: "Errors on our part cost us greatly. Having said that, Coates Athletic were a very good side and certainly deserved to go through.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
"They still had to take their chances, and showed why they have scored so many goals this season.
"I can't be too hard on the players, because the reality was that we came up against a side that was just too strong. However, I do feel there were a few areas in which we could have performed better."
On Saturday, Fowlmere return to league action with a trip to Steeple Bumpstead, who sit one place and point behind Fowlmere in the BIS Division 1A table.
Walker said: "We must do better on Saturday and I'm hoping for a good display.
"We need to get back to winning ways and move up the table again. It's an important game for us and I'm sure Steeple Bumpstead will want a win too."
Fowlmere: Fulk; Kenzie, Sewell, King, Kew; Reynolds, Robinson, Darcey, Cripps; Cooke, Dyer. (Subs): Fidgett, Barker, Walker.