Crusaders obliviate Cuffley
Celtic Crusaders 10 Cuffley 2 Under-15s Herts Cup CELTIC Crusaders banished the demons of previous first round cup exits in convincing style. Jacob Leighton opened the scoring with fine control and a neatly placed shot and Sam Cooper hit home moments late
Celtic Crusaders 10 Cuffley 2
Under-15s Herts Cup
CELTIC Crusaders banished the demons of previous first round cup exits in convincing style.
Jacob Leighton opened the scoring with fine control and a neatly placed shot and Sam Cooper hit home moments later with an excellent first touch to double his side's lead.
You may also want to watch:
Man-of-the-match Danny Tye headed home from a Ryan Geraghty corner for the third and Mitchel Wooding buried a penalty for their fourth.
Cuffley's centre back was then dismissed for saving a Leighton shot with his hand and Tye coolly converted the resultant penalty.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Geraghty had the simplest of tap-ins for the sixth and he then delivered another fine corner which Wooding headed home for his brace.
A stray pass allowed Cuffley the chance to shoot from range to claw a goal back after which a quick free kick gave Geraghty the chance to shoot and he delivered a fine shot which found the target.
He then used his pace to latch onto a through ball which he also planted in the back of the net.
Cuffely managed another long range goal before the scoring was finished in style by Victor Falletta.