Crusaders obliviate Cuffley
Celtic Crusaders 10 Cuffley 2 Under-15s Herts Cup CELTIC Crusaders banished the demons of previous first round cup exits in convincing style. Jacob Leighton opened the scoring with fine control and a neatly placed shot and Sam Cooper hit home moments late
Celtic Crusaders 10 Cuffley 2
Under-15s Herts Cup
CELTIC Crusaders banished the demons of previous first round cup exits in convincing style.
Jacob Leighton opened the scoring with fine control and a neatly placed shot and Sam Cooper hit home moments later with an excellent first touch to double his side's lead.
Man-of-the-match Danny Tye headed home from a Ryan Geraghty corner for the third and Mitchel Wooding buried a penalty for their fourth.
Cuffley's centre back was then dismissed for saving a Leighton shot with his hand and Tye coolly converted the resultant penalty.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Geraghty had the simplest of tap-ins for the sixth and he then delivered another fine corner which Wooding headed home for his brace.
A stray pass allowed Cuffley the chance to shoot from range to claw a goal back after which a quick free kick gave Geraghty the chance to shoot and he delivered a fine shot which found the target.
He then used his pace to latch onto a through ball which he also planted in the back of the net.
Cuffely managed another long range goal before the scoring was finished in style by Victor Falletta.