Crows win by five - again
ROYSTON Town celebrated their Division One championship in style on Saturday with a thumping 5-0 win over Bedford. Two goals from the superb Ryan Lockett plus singles from Craig Hammond, Michael Debnam and Tom Malins set up the win which was the tenth mat
ROYSTON Town celebrated their Division One championship in style on Saturday with a thumping 5-0 win over Bedford.
Two goals from the superb Ryan Lockett plus singles from Craig Hammond, Michael Debnam and Tom Malins set up the win which was the tenth match this season that the Crows had struck five or more goals.
With promotion and the championship wrapped up last week, there was a sense of relaxation in the players who - especially in the second half - played some wonderful attacking football which Bedford were unable to cope with.
The visitors offered little going forward, but when they did cross the half way line David Cain and Lewis Endacott swept everything up before them.
You may also want to watch:
In the end it was an easy victory and Royston could easily have had more goals than the five they managed to put away.
The Division One trophy will be presented to Royston Town this Saturday after their home match against Buckingham Athletic.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show