Crows win by five - again
ROYSTON Town celebrated their Division One championship in style on Saturday with a thumping 5-0 win over Bedford. Two goals from the superb Ryan Lockett plus singles from Craig Hammond, Michael Debnam and Tom Malins set up the win which was the tenth mat
ROYSTON Town celebrated their Division One championship in style on Saturday with a thumping 5-0 win over Bedford.
Two goals from the superb Ryan Lockett plus singles from Craig Hammond, Michael Debnam and Tom Malins set up the win which was the tenth match this season that the Crows had struck five or more goals.
With promotion and the championship wrapped up last week, there was a sense of relaxation in the players who - especially in the second half - played some wonderful attacking football which Bedford were unable to cope with.
The visitors offered little going forward, but when they did cross the half way line David Cain and Lewis Endacott swept everything up before them.
You may also want to watch:
In the end it was an easy victory and Royston could easily have had more goals than the five they managed to put away.
The Division One trophy will be presented to Royston Town this Saturday after their home match against Buckingham Athletic.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?