Crows Swoop For New Striker
By Tom Brown ROYSTON Town have announced the signing of talented striker Ashley Townsend. Townsend, from Ryman League side Arlesey Town, follows fellow striker Craig Hammond to the club as The Crows second paid transfer in six weeks. The deal was fina
By Tom Brown
ROYSTON Town have announced the signing of talented striker Ashley Townsend.
Townsend, from Ryman League side Arlesey Town, follows fellow striker Craig Hammond to the club as The Crows' second paid transfer in six weeks.
The deal was financed by Royston's ambitious chairman, Rob Stewart, and has been described as a "modest nominal fee".
You may also want to watch:
Stewart said: "This is another top signing for Royston and we're all delighted to have a player of Ashley's ability on board. Like Craig Hammond, he's a player that will help take us forward."
The 18-year-old was targeted by manager Paul Attfield, who had Townsend under his wing at Buntingford Town.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Attfield said: "Ashley was part of a successful Buntingford youth setup and he played a number of games for the first team before a productive move to Arlesey in October 2006.
"He's got an eye for goal in and around the box, he's strong on the ball, has a lovely touch, and is generally an all-round natural striker."
For more details see tomorrow's (Thursday) Royston Crow.