Crows suffer more cup woe
Last-minute winner sinks Crows
ROYSTON Town suffered more cup disappointment last night (Tuesday) after being knocked out of the SSMFL Challenge Trophy courtesy of an 89th minute winner from Leverstock Green.
The Crows have now bowed out of three cup competitions since the start of the season having also been knocked out of the FA Cup and the Herts Charity Shield last month.
It was another disappointing night for manager Paul Attfield who again watched his side relinquish a lead after Ryan Lockett put Royston ahead with a 31st minute penalty..
However, just like at Hatfield Town a week previously, the Crows couldn’t see the job through as Leverstock scored the equaliser 15 minutes from with through a close-range finish from Adam Hallissey.
You may also want to watch:
And their misery was compounded in the last minute of normal time when Louis Austin snatched the winner after another goalmouth scramble.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire