Crows suffer more cup woe
Last-minute winner sinks Crows
ROYSTON Town suffered more cup disappointment last night (Tuesday) after being knocked out of the SSMFL Challenge Trophy courtesy of an 89th minute winner from Leverstock Green.
The Crows have now bowed out of three cup competitions since the start of the season having also been knocked out of the FA Cup and the Herts Charity Shield last month.
It was another disappointing night for manager Paul Attfield who again watched his side relinquish a lead after Ryan Lockett put Royston ahead with a 31st minute penalty..
However, just like at Hatfield Town a week previously, the Crows couldn’t see the job through as Leverstock scored the equaliser 15 minutes from with through a close-range finish from Adam Hallissey.
You may also want to watch:
And their misery was compounded in the last minute of normal time when Louis Austin snatched the winner after another goalmouth scramble.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange