Crows suffer more cup woe
Royston Town 1-2 Crawley Green
ROYSTON Town suffered more cup anguish on Saturday when they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Crawley Green.
It was the Crows’ second cup defeat in 10 days following their Herts Charity Sheild defeat at the hands of Hoddesdon Town.
Crawley Green, who play in the Spartan South Midlands Division One, stole victory in the last minute of the game to rub further salt into the wounds after Royston were reduced to 10 men in the first half.
Luke Robins’ fifth minute strike had looked like setting the tone for a comfortable afternoon but it proved to be anything but after the sending off.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors equalised towards the end of the opening period before sealing victory at the death after a poor display from the Crows after the break.
They will hope to get back to winning ways when they return to league action on Tuesday night with the visit of Hertford Town.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM