Crows suffer more cup woe
Royston Town 1-2 Crawley Green
ROYSTON Town suffered more cup anguish on Saturday when they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Crawley Green.
It was the Crows’ second cup defeat in 10 days following their Herts Charity Sheild defeat at the hands of Hoddesdon Town.
Crawley Green, who play in the Spartan South Midlands Division One, stole victory in the last minute of the game to rub further salt into the wounds after Royston were reduced to 10 men in the first half.
Luke Robins’ fifth minute strike had looked like setting the tone for a comfortable afternoon but it proved to be anything but after the sending off.
The visitors equalised towards the end of the opening period before sealing victory at the death after a poor display from the Crows after the break.
They will hope to get back to winning ways when they return to league action on Tuesday night with the visit of Hertford Town.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden