Crows suffer more cup woe
Royston Town 1-2 Crawley Green
ROYSTON Town suffered more cup anguish on Saturday when they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Crawley Green.
It was the Crows’ second cup defeat in 10 days following their Herts Charity Sheild defeat at the hands of Hoddesdon Town.
Crawley Green, who play in the Spartan South Midlands Division One, stole victory in the last minute of the game to rub further salt into the wounds after Royston were reduced to 10 men in the first half.
Luke Robins’ fifth minute strike had looked like setting the tone for a comfortable afternoon but it proved to be anything but after the sending off.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors equalised towards the end of the opening period before sealing victory at the death after a poor display from the Crows after the break.
They will hope to get back to winning ways when they return to league action on Tuesday night with the visit of Hertford Town.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims