Crows skipper Bridges sinks Bedford Town with injury-time winner
- Credit: Archant
Skipper Scott Bridges popped up in second-half injury time to nod home a dramatic winner as Royston Town won 1-0 at Bedford Town in Southern League Division One Central action tonight (Tuesday).
The Crows had bossed the first half but first, Josh Castiglione’s goal-bound header, then Gary Cohen’s one-on-one effort were both dealt with excellently by keeper Ashley Harris.
Into the second half and Harris’ goal was still leading a charmed life as Castiglione was again thwarted while substitute Kaan Fehmi crashed a shot off the bar.
At the other end, Phil Draycott’s dipping shot was brilliantly touched onto the bar by keeper Reece Paine.
Just when it looked as if the visitors would have to settle for a second draw in three days, Bridges met Danny May’s cross like a steam train and beat the unfortunate Harris at his near post.
You may also want to watch:
Early days but this is a victory that can define glorious campaigns come the end of the season.
Next up for Steve Castle’s men, old foes Egham Town away on Saturday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
For a full match report and reaction from Castle, see Thursday’s Royston Crow.