Crows skipper Bridges sinks Bedford Town with injury-time winner
- Credit: Archant
Skipper Scott Bridges popped up in second-half injury time to nod home a dramatic winner as Royston Town won 1-0 at Bedford Town in Southern League Division One Central action tonight (Tuesday).
The Crows had bossed the first half but first, Josh Castiglione’s goal-bound header, then Gary Cohen’s one-on-one effort were both dealt with excellently by keeper Ashley Harris.
Into the second half and Harris’ goal was still leading a charmed life as Castiglione was again thwarted while substitute Kaan Fehmi crashed a shot off the bar.
At the other end, Phil Draycott’s dipping shot was brilliantly touched onto the bar by keeper Reece Paine.
Just when it looked as if the visitors would have to settle for a second draw in three days, Bridges met Danny May’s cross like a steam train and beat the unfortunate Harris at his near post.
You may also want to watch:
Early days but this is a victory that can define glorious campaigns come the end of the season.
Next up for Steve Castle’s men, old foes Egham Town away on Saturday.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
For a full match report and reaction from Castle, see Thursday’s Royston Crow.