Crows set for new challenge
ROYSTON Town will face five new teams in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division during the 2006/7 season. Chalfont St Peter, Hertford Town and Edgware Town all join from the disbanded Ryman League Division Two, while Kingsbury Town, who were
ROYSTON Town will face five new teams in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division during the 2006/7 season.
Chalfont St Peter, Hertford Town and Edgware Town all join from the disbanded Ryman League Division Two, while Kingsbury Town, who were due to join from the same competition, have merged with Middlesex League side London Tigers, to become Kingsbury London Tigers.
Division One champions Colney Heath are promoted to the Premier Division, but runners-up Brache Sparta were refused promotion because of a sub-standard ground, reprieving Haringey Borough from relegation.
With Oxford City, Hillingdon Borough and Hanwell Town all promoted to the Ryman League following the creation of a fifth regional division at step four of the pyramid, the Spartan League Premier Division will operate with 21 clubs this season.
n Buntingford Town's under-16 trials day will be held on Sunday at Buntingford Community Centre, Luynes Rise, starting at 11am. The under-16s will play in the Sunday Eastern Junior Alliance League
Town's under-18 pre-season training and open trials day will take place at Buntingford Community Centre on Sunday August 6, starting at 11am
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Their under-18s will play in the Sunday Eastern Junior Alliance League and midweek Ridgeons Youth League as well as the FA Youth Cup, and will play their competitive mid- week games at the Letchworth County Ground this season
Training and open trials for Town's senior sides starts at 7.30pm on Thursday July 13 at Buntingford Community Centre, and training will continue Tuesdays and Thursdays thereafter.
For further details contact Paul Attfield on 07926 522205