Crows set for new challenge
ROYSTON Town will face five new teams in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division during the 2006/7 season. Chalfont St Peter, Hertford Town and Edgware Town all join from the disbanded Ryman League Division Two, while Kingsbury Town, who were
ROYSTON Town will face five new teams in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division during the 2006/7 season.
Chalfont St Peter, Hertford Town and Edgware Town all join from the disbanded Ryman League Division Two, while Kingsbury Town, who were due to join from the same competition, have merged with Middlesex League side London Tigers, to become Kingsbury London Tigers.
Division One champions Colney Heath are promoted to the Premier Division, but runners-up Brache Sparta were refused promotion because of a sub-standard ground, reprieving Haringey Borough from relegation.
With Oxford City, Hillingdon Borough and Hanwell Town all promoted to the Ryman League following the creation of a fifth regional division at step four of the pyramid, the Spartan League Premier Division will operate with 21 clubs this season.
You may also want to watch:
n Buntingford Town's under-16 trials day will be held on Sunday at Buntingford Community Centre, Luynes Rise, starting at 11am. The under-16s will play in the Sunday Eastern Junior Alliance League
Town's under-18 pre-season training and open trials day will take place at Buntingford Community Centre on Sunday August 6, starting at 11am
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Their under-18s will play in the Sunday Eastern Junior Alliance League and midweek Ridgeons Youth League as well as the FA Youth Cup, and will play their competitive mid- week games at the Letchworth County Ground this season
Training and open trials for Town's senior sides starts at 7.30pm on Thursday July 13 at Buntingford Community Centre, and training will continue Tuesdays and Thursdays thereafter.
For further details contact Paul Attfield on 07926 522205