Crows put six past Stevenage
Royston Ladies I 6 Stevenage I 1 THIS was another superb victory for Royston s first team, who have still only lost just once this season. Royston made an assertive start to their first game back after the bad weather with an early goal from Kirsty McKenz
Royston Ladies I 6 Stevenage I 1
THIS was another superb victory for Royston's first team, who have still only lost just once this season.
Royston made an assertive start to their first game back after the bad weather with an early goal from Kirsty McKenzie who put a slick shot straight past the 'keeper.
Royston's second came when Sarah Buckerfield picked the ball up and moved swiftly past the Stevenage defence putting a well struck shot from the top of the D into the back of the goal.
You may also want to watch:
Royston continued to dominate the game and were awarded with a short corner which saw Harriet Shipley score a fantastic reverse sweep shot over the 'keeper.
After the break Royston continued to pile on the pressure and some good passes saw the ball reach Sophie Gathercole who flicked it over the 'keeper to open the scoring in the second half.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Royston's dominance saw them increase their lead further when they won another short corner which Ruth Askham converted with an excellent strike.
Denise Underwood made the score 6-0 with a superb strike.
Royston were unlucky to concede a goal right at the end of the game from a scrapping short corner.