Crows lose at home to promotion rivals
Paul Attfield not happy with team’s display
Royston Town 2
Dunstable Town 5
SSMFL Premier Division
ROYSTON Town manager Paul Attfield was understandably disappointed with his team’s convincing defeat to promotion rivals Dunstable Town on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Kaan Fehmi and Martin Standen ensured both sides went into the half-time break all square at two goals apiece – however three goals in the last 15 minutes gave the visitors a deserved win to do the double over the Crows this season. Attfield says the thing that frustrated him most was that his players just didn’t turn up on the day.
“It’s really disappointing,” Attfield told the Royston Crow. “You’ve got to be on top of your game but we were way off the mark. Technically we were awful. We were poor on the ball and in the second half we were so na�ve and we got battered and should have lost by a lot more. It could have been double figures that’s how bad it was.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
“We’ve just got to put it right now. Every team has a blip at some stage, and the players just want to get back on the pitch and work hard to get that momentum back which was lost a little bit when we had the break due to the weather.”
The Crows don’t have to wait too long to get back to action as they face Tring Athletic at Garden Walk on Tuesday evening in the semi-final of the Premier Division Cup.