Crows kick off pre-season with draw against Bedford
ROYSTON Town kicked off its summer with a 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against Bedford. The Crows 19-man squad included former player Jez McMurrough as well as new defender Matt Cook, and it also included Ross Collins after a lengthy absence through inju
ROYSTON Town kicked off its summer with a 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against Bedford.
The Crows' 19-man squad included former player Jez McMurrough as well as new defender Matt Cook, and it also included Ross Collins after a lengthy absence through injury.
Royston thought they had gone 1-0 down early in the game after the Bedford keeper took a free kick which Royston keeper Jorden Gibson misjudged and the ball went straight into the back of the net.
However after some deliberation the goal was disallowed because the kick had in fact been given as an indirect opportunity and no-one had touched the ball before it crossed the line.
You may also want to watch:
McMurrough and strike partner Dan Scott both worked hard up front without being able to put the ball away while Luke Robins showed some signs of what he can do out on the wing as he was finding his feet.
After wholesale changes at half time Paul Attfield's men took the lead with a thunderous strike from 25 yards from midfielder Gregg Jackson, and Craig Hammond was unfortunate to add to this lead on a number of occasions.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
At the back, defenders Jan Stephens and Michael Debnam had had a good game but a defensive lapse allowed Bedford to equalise and the game finished 1-1.
Next up for Royston is a match this Saturday (July 18) away to AFC Sutton Town.