Crows hammer Stevenage XI in final pre-season friendly
- Credit: Archant
Chris Watters struck twice and Rob Mason grabbed his first Royston Town goal since the 2013/14 season as they trounced a Stevenage XI 7-2 in their final pre-season friendly at Garden Walk on Tuesday night.
Luke Robins, Rhys Hoenes, Scott Bridges and a late Marcio Dos Santos strike completed the impressive victory over the League Two side, mostly made up of Boro’s U18 players.
Steve Castle’s men will be buoyed for Saturday’s Herts Charity Cup first round trip to Cheshunt.
Hoenes picked out Robins for Royston’s opener but they were soon pegged back as Jack Storer slotted between the keeper’s legs.
Parity did not last long though as Hoenes went from supplier to scorer to put the home side back in front at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the interval, Watters grabbed a brace, although Stevenage did find a further consolation through a trialist.
At 4-2, Royston pushed on as Mason’s subtle strike and close-range efforts from Bridges and Dos Santos ensured a profitable final warm-up.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'