Crows hammer Stevenage XI in final pre-season friendly
- Credit: Archant
Chris Watters struck twice and Rob Mason grabbed his first Royston Town goal since the 2013/14 season as they trounced a Stevenage XI 7-2 in their final pre-season friendly at Garden Walk on Tuesday night.
Luke Robins, Rhys Hoenes, Scott Bridges and a late Marcio Dos Santos strike completed the impressive victory over the League Two side, mostly made up of Boro’s U18 players.
Steve Castle’s men will be buoyed for Saturday’s Herts Charity Cup first round trip to Cheshunt.
Hoenes picked out Robins for Royston’s opener but they were soon pegged back as Jack Storer slotted between the keeper’s legs.
Parity did not last long though as Hoenes went from supplier to scorer to put the home side back in front at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the interval, Watters grabbed a brace, although Stevenage did find a further consolation through a trialist.
At 4-2, Royston pushed on as Mason’s subtle strike and close-range efforts from Bridges and Dos Santos ensured a profitable final warm-up.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks