Crows Fightback In Vain
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3 THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden. And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3
THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden.
And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad to worse when Royston gifted the hosts two goals inside 20 minutes after two defensive mistakes.
However, Graham Tibbals got the visitors back on track with a powerful header midway through the half.
And when strike partner Dave McMurrough levelled 15 minutes into the second half Royston were back in the game.
Tibbals then continued his rich vein of form with yet another wonder strike after 70 minutes with the Crows seemingly in control.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
However, another lapse in concentration allowed Harpenden in with just 90 seconds on the clock.
Snowden said: "It was just one of those games. At 2-0 down, I'd have taken a draw but having got back to 3-2 I really thought we were going to win. So when they equalised it felt like we had lost the game!
"We switched off and gifted them three goals - and when you do that it's always going to be an uphill struggle."
Royston Town: Barnes; Julu, Geldart, Chappell, Bloss; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, Purkiss; Tibbals, McMurrough.