Crows Fightback In Vain
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3 THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden. And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3
THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden.
And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad to worse when Royston gifted the hosts two goals inside 20 minutes after two defensive mistakes.
However, Graham Tibbals got the visitors back on track with a powerful header midway through the half.
And when strike partner Dave McMurrough levelled 15 minutes into the second half Royston were back in the game.
Tibbals then continued his rich vein of form with yet another wonder strike after 70 minutes with the Crows seemingly in control.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
However, another lapse in concentration allowed Harpenden in with just 90 seconds on the clock.
Snowden said: "It was just one of those games. At 2-0 down, I'd have taken a draw but having got back to 3-2 I really thought we were going to win. So when they equalised it felt like we had lost the game!
"We switched off and gifted them three goals - and when you do that it's always going to be an uphill struggle."
Royston Town: Barnes; Julu, Geldart, Chappell, Bloss; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, Purkiss; Tibbals, McMurrough.