Crows Fightback In Vain
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3 THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden. And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad
Harpenden Town 3 Royston Town 3
THE Crows gifted Harpenden a share of the points on Saturday with a performance that disappointed manager Phil Snowden.
And after losing four of the players who helped beat Harpenden the week before, things went from bad to worse when Royston gifted the hosts two goals inside 20 minutes after two defensive mistakes.
However, Graham Tibbals got the visitors back on track with a powerful header midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
And when strike partner Dave McMurrough levelled 15 minutes into the second half Royston were back in the game.
Tibbals then continued his rich vein of form with yet another wonder strike after 70 minutes with the Crows seemingly in control.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
However, another lapse in concentration allowed Harpenden in with just 90 seconds on the clock.
Snowden said: "It was just one of those games. At 2-0 down, I'd have taken a draw but having got back to 3-2 I really thought we were going to win. So when they equalised it felt like we had lost the game!
"We switched off and gifted them three goals - and when you do that it's always going to be an uphill struggle."
Royston Town: Barnes; Julu, Geldart, Chappell, Bloss; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, Purkiss; Tibbals, McMurrough.