Crows fail to make ground on league leaders after thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town failed their promotion litmus test as they were hammered 4-0 at Bedworth United in Southern League Central Division One.
It looked like it could be a tough afternoon early on as Daniel Creeney’s downward header opened the scoring on six minutes.
Scott Bridges almost levelled for the Crows but his volley, that beat keeper Denham Hinds, was cleared off the line by Mark Albrighton.
That was the closest Royston came to delivering a first-half equaliser and they were soon behind in the second half.
Daniel Dubidat was quickest to react to Alex Naughton’s cross to force the ball beyond keeper Ron Yates.
You may also want to watch:
Naughton went from provider to scorer as he slid the ball under Yates for 3-0 in the 69th minute and it was curtains for the Crows two minutes from the end as Dave Blenkinsopp made it four.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended