Crows fail to make ground on league leaders after thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town failed their promotion litmus test as they were hammered 4-0 at Bedworth United in Southern League Central Division One.
It looked like it could be a tough afternoon early on as Daniel Creeney’s downward header opened the scoring on six minutes.
Scott Bridges almost levelled for the Crows but his volley, that beat keeper Denham Hinds, was cleared off the line by Mark Albrighton.
That was the closest Royston came to delivering a first-half equaliser and they were soon behind in the second half.
Daniel Dubidat was quickest to react to Alex Naughton’s cross to force the ball beyond keeper Ron Yates.
You may also want to watch:
Naughton went from provider to scorer as he slid the ball under Yates for 3-0 in the 69th minute and it was curtains for the Crows two minutes from the end as Dave Blenkinsopp made it four.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe