Crows capture former Arlesey Town hitman Chris Dillon
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced the signing of former Arlesey Town striker Chris Dillon.
The 31-year-old is a proven goalscorer in Step 3 of non-league football, previously scoring 47 times in 111 games for the Blues, 27 in 51 for Chesham and one in eight last season for St Neots Town.
Crows manager Steve Castle said: “I am very pleased to get the signature of one of the most sought after forwards in non-league football.”
The Crows have also confirmed that young defender George Powell has also committed his future to the club by signing a one-year deal.
Powell broke into the squad early last season and soon cemented a regular place in Castle’s starting 11.
You may also want to watch:
He subsequently played an instrumental part in the club’s unbeaten 14 match run, which ended in the play-off semi-finals.
Royston begin their pre-season schedule against Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side St Margaretsbury at Oaklands College on Saturday, July 8.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
They also face a Stevenage XI for President’s Evening at Garden Walk on Tuesday, July 28.