Crows capture former Arlesey Town hitman Chris Dillon
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced the signing of former Arlesey Town striker Chris Dillon.
The 31-year-old is a proven goalscorer in Step 3 of non-league football, previously scoring 47 times in 111 games for the Blues, 27 in 51 for Chesham and one in eight last season for St Neots Town.
Crows manager Steve Castle said: “I am very pleased to get the signature of one of the most sought after forwards in non-league football.”
The Crows have also confirmed that young defender George Powell has also committed his future to the club by signing a one-year deal.
Powell broke into the squad early last season and soon cemented a regular place in Castle’s starting 11.
You may also want to watch:
He subsequently played an instrumental part in the club’s unbeaten 14 match run, which ended in the play-off semi-finals.
Royston begin their pre-season schedule against Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side St Margaretsbury at Oaklands College on Saturday, July 8.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
They also face a Stevenage XI for President’s Evening at Garden Walk on Tuesday, July 28.