Crows capture former Arlesey Town hitman Chris Dillon
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced the signing of former Arlesey Town striker Chris Dillon.
The 31-year-old is a proven goalscorer in Step 3 of non-league football, previously scoring 47 times in 111 games for the Blues, 27 in 51 for Chesham and one in eight last season for St Neots Town.
Crows manager Steve Castle said: “I am very pleased to get the signature of one of the most sought after forwards in non-league football.”
The Crows have also confirmed that young defender George Powell has also committed his future to the club by signing a one-year deal.
Powell broke into the squad early last season and soon cemented a regular place in Castle’s starting 11.
He subsequently played an instrumental part in the club’s unbeaten 14 match run, which ended in the play-off semi-finals.
Royston begin their pre-season schedule against Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side St Margaretsbury at Oaklands College on Saturday, July 8.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
They also face a Stevenage XI for President’s Evening at Garden Walk on Tuesday, July 28.