Crows beaten by Dunstable
Royston Town 0 Dunstable Town 2 (Begley 39, Birch 89)
ROYSTON Town’s recent good run of form came to an end on Saturday as they went down 2-0 to Dunstable Town at Garden Walk.
The Crows went into the game with an unfamiliar looking back-line with captain Ross Collins filling in at left-back for the injured Ashley Grinham who was on the bench while Dean McElvoy was installed at centre-half in place of the suspended Liam McDevitt.
The visitors took the lead on 39 minutes when Steve Begley fired past Lee Robinson from the edge of the penalty area.
Paul Attfield’s team couldn’t find an equaliser in the second half and Dunstable wrapped up the points a minute before time when Kerron Birch slid home from Nathan Miller’s cross.
You may also want to watch:
Not the best of afternoons for Paul Attfield’s side and one which is made all the more harder to take by the fact they haven’t got another league match until November 20.
They remain in third place in the table but trail leaders Chalfont St Peter by 11 points having played two games more than The Saints.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
They have two cup fixtures before then, starting tomorrow night (Tuesday) at home to St Margaretsbury in the Herts Senior Cup before welcoming Eastern Counties League side Leiston to Garden Walk on Saturday for the second round on the FA Vase.
Royston starting line-up: Robinson, Endacott, Collins, McElvoy, Cain, Lamacraft, Edwards, Malins, Dance, Lockett, Robins.