Crows beaten by Dunstable
Royston Town 0 Dunstable Town 2 (Begley 39, Birch 89)
ROYSTON Town’s recent good run of form came to an end on Saturday as they went down 2-0 to Dunstable Town at Garden Walk.
The Crows went into the game with an unfamiliar looking back-line with captain Ross Collins filling in at left-back for the injured Ashley Grinham who was on the bench while Dean McElvoy was installed at centre-half in place of the suspended Liam McDevitt.
The visitors took the lead on 39 minutes when Steve Begley fired past Lee Robinson from the edge of the penalty area.
Paul Attfield’s team couldn’t find an equaliser in the second half and Dunstable wrapped up the points a minute before time when Kerron Birch slid home from Nathan Miller’s cross.
Not the best of afternoons for Paul Attfield’s side and one which is made all the more harder to take by the fact they haven’t got another league match until November 20.
They remain in third place in the table but trail leaders Chalfont St Peter by 11 points having played two games more than The Saints.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
They have two cup fixtures before then, starting tomorrow night (Tuesday) at home to St Margaretsbury in the Herts Senior Cup before welcoming Eastern Counties League side Leiston to Garden Walk on Saturday for the second round on the FA Vase.
Royston starting line-up: Robinson, Endacott, Collins, McElvoy, Cain, Lamacraft, Edwards, Malins, Dance, Lockett, Robins.