Crows beaten by Dunstable
Royston Town 0 Dunstable Town 2 (Begley 39, Birch 89)
ROYSTON Town’s recent good run of form came to an end on Saturday as they went down 2-0 to Dunstable Town at Garden Walk.
The Crows went into the game with an unfamiliar looking back-line with captain Ross Collins filling in at left-back for the injured Ashley Grinham who was on the bench while Dean McElvoy was installed at centre-half in place of the suspended Liam McDevitt.
The visitors took the lead on 39 minutes when Steve Begley fired past Lee Robinson from the edge of the penalty area.
Paul Attfield’s team couldn’t find an equaliser in the second half and Dunstable wrapped up the points a minute before time when Kerron Birch slid home from Nathan Miller’s cross.
You may also want to watch:
Not the best of afternoons for Paul Attfield’s side and one which is made all the more harder to take by the fact they haven’t got another league match until November 20.
They remain in third place in the table but trail leaders Chalfont St Peter by 11 points having played two games more than The Saints.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
They have two cup fixtures before then, starting tomorrow night (Tuesday) at home to St Margaretsbury in the Herts Senior Cup before welcoming Eastern Counties League side Leiston to Garden Walk on Saturday for the second round on the FA Vase.
Royston starting line-up: Robinson, Endacott, Collins, McElvoy, Cain, Lamacraft, Edwards, Malins, Dance, Lockett, Robins.