Creake Shield blow for Chishill
Great Chishill 2 Great Shelford Res 3 THE search for Great Chishill s first win continues as they suffered a narrow defeat in the Creake Shield on Saturday. Responding well to last week s disappointing defeat to Melbourn, Steve McGee gave the hosts the
Great Chishill 2
Great Shelford Res 3
THE search for Great Chishill's first win continues as they suffered a narrow defeat in the Creake Shield on Saturday.
Responding well to last week's disappointing defeat to Melbourn, Steve McGee gave the hosts the perfect start by working some space and slotting home inside 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
For the first half an hour, Chishill looked the stronger of the two sides and passed the ball superbly, as well as keeping the Shelford attack at bay.
They then doubled the lead when Jonathan Drury's shot was blocked, with McGee on hand once more, following up with a confident close range finish.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
However, Shelford hit back heading home from a free-kick.
The visitors started the second half well and Chishill keeper Ian Gallagher had to be at his best, tipping one powerful volley over the bar.
As the half wore on, it looked as if Chishill would hold on, but another gifted free header sent the game to extra time.
In a closely contested 30 minutes, the lottery of a penalty shootout loomed, however, Shelford snatched a late winner bundling the ball home following another set-piece.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Gardiner, Lombari, Wilson; Radford, Saward, E Drury, J Drury, Williams; McGee. (Subs): Hodge, Rolfe, Gibson.