Creake Shield blow for Chishill
Great Chishill 2 Great Shelford Res 3 THE search for Great Chishill s first win continues as they suffered a narrow defeat in the Creake Shield on Saturday. Responding well to last week s disappointing defeat to Melbourn, Steve McGee gave the hosts the
Great Chishill 2
Great Shelford Res 3
THE search for Great Chishill's first win continues as they suffered a narrow defeat in the Creake Shield on Saturday.
Responding well to last week's disappointing defeat to Melbourn, Steve McGee gave the hosts the perfect start by working some space and slotting home inside 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
For the first half an hour, Chishill looked the stronger of the two sides and passed the ball superbly, as well as keeping the Shelford attack at bay.
They then doubled the lead when Jonathan Drury's shot was blocked, with McGee on hand once more, following up with a confident close range finish.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
However, Shelford hit back heading home from a free-kick.
The visitors started the second half well and Chishill keeper Ian Gallagher had to be at his best, tipping one powerful volley over the bar.
As the half wore on, it looked as if Chishill would hold on, but another gifted free header sent the game to extra time.
In a closely contested 30 minutes, the lottery of a penalty shootout loomed, however, Shelford snatched a late winner bundling the ball home following another set-piece.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Gardiner, Lombari, Wilson; Radford, Saward, E Drury, J Drury, Williams; McGee. (Subs): Hodge, Rolfe, Gibson.