Craig Hammond to sign terms with Histon today
ROYSTON striker Craig Hammond is expected to sign a contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon today. Hammond, who played for Histon four years ago as a fresh-faced youth, scored more than 80 goals for the Crows in all competitions last season but has
ROYSTON striker Craig Hammond is expected to sign a contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon today.
Hammond, who played for Histon four years ago as a fresh-faced youth, scored more than 80 goals for the Crows in all competitions last season but has decided to return to the Glass World Stadium to show how much he has improved in the intervening seasons.
The 6ft 3in striker is expected to complete paper work today (Monday) and looks likely to feature in Histon's Professional Cup fixture at Cambridge United tonight.
Histon have agreed an undisclosed fee for the player, and their manager Steve Fallon said: "Craig is an out-and-out goal scorer and whilst some people who don't know his career to date may raise an eyebrow I am so confident in the lad that I would say he could end up being our top scorer by May.
You may also want to watch:
"Craig was with us four years ago when football was not a priority to him but in four years he has continued to score goals, grown up a lot and he has filled out, whilst still being quick.
"We watched him half a dozen times last season and whilst some people may dismiss the fact that he scored 80 goals due to the the level he played the fact remains he scores for fun.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"If we can get him Histon fit and settled into the squad quickly there is no question we might well have another diamond on our hands.