Craig Hammond's replacement leaves Royston Town by mutual consent
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club. Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with th
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club.
Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with the Crows but has now left the club by mutual consent.
It is expected the striker will re-join Broxbourne Borough, where he played last season.
It is the third time this season the striker has moved clubs. Having left Broxbourne in the summer for a move to Hertford Town, the striker spent a matter of weeks at his new club before deciding to move again to Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Royston manager Paul Attfield said: "Ryan joined us at a difficult time and whilst he has notched a few goals things haven't quite been working for him both on and off the pitch and all things considered I am happy with him to depart on good terms.
"I have a couple of good options to follow up on as possible replacements but want to be clear that the player is right for Royston and can integrate well within the playing environment we already have.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
"We will take a short period of time to determine this before deciding.