Craig Hammond's replacement leaves Royston Town by mutual consent
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club. Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with th
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club.
Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with the Crows but has now left the club by mutual consent.
It is expected the striker will re-join Broxbourne Borough, where he played last season.
It is the third time this season the striker has moved clubs. Having left Broxbourne in the summer for a move to Hertford Town, the striker spent a matter of weeks at his new club before deciding to move again to Royston.
Royston manager Paul Attfield said: "Ryan joined us at a difficult time and whilst he has notched a few goals things haven't quite been working for him both on and off the pitch and all things considered I am happy with him to depart on good terms.
"I have a couple of good options to follow up on as possible replacements but want to be clear that the player is right for Royston and can integrate well within the playing environment we already have.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 10 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
"We will take a short period of time to determine this before deciding.