Craig Hammond's replacement leaves Royston Town by mutual consent
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club. Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with th
ROYSTON Town striker Ryan Wade has left the club after just six weeks at the club.
Wade was earmarked as the successor to last season's top scorer Craig Hammond after he was sold to Histon and scored seven goals in all competitions during his time with the Crows but has now left the club by mutual consent.
It is expected the striker will re-join Broxbourne Borough, where he played last season.
It is the third time this season the striker has moved clubs. Having left Broxbourne in the summer for a move to Hertford Town, the striker spent a matter of weeks at his new club before deciding to move again to Royston.
Royston manager Paul Attfield said: "Ryan joined us at a difficult time and whilst he has notched a few goals things haven't quite been working for him both on and off the pitch and all things considered I am happy with him to depart on good terms.
"I have a couple of good options to follow up on as possible replacements but want to be clear that the player is right for Royston and can integrate well within the playing environment we already have.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
"We will take a short period of time to determine this before deciding.