Craig Hammon's Histon hopes are high after scoring on his debut against Cambridge United
CRAIG Hammond has described his first goal for Histon as a bit special . The former Royston Town striker signed terms with Histon on Monday after the Crows accepted a four-figure sum for his services, and he played and scored on his debut in a friendly a
CRAIG Hammond has described his first goal for Histon as "a bit special".
The former Royston Town striker signed terms with Histon on Monday after the Crows accepted a four-figure sum for his services, and he played and scored on his debut in a friendly against Cambridge United just hours later.
Speaking to the Royston Crow, Hammond said: "I'm a Cambridge United fan so watching them over the years and then going there and scoring on my debut in front of their so-called hard core fans was a bit special.
"I found out on Friday morning from the club that they had received a call from Histon with a good offer for all parties involved.
"When I was there the first time around (Hammond had a previous spell with Histon as a teenager) a few things didn't really work out. A few years on I'm a bit more mature.
"Royston is a massive part of me, being there from a young age. I've lots of close friends down there and I'll be back as often as I can, cheering them on.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
"I'd like to thank the club and the manager Paul Attfield as I've got a lot of respect for him; he's done a great job."
Asked what his targets were for the new season, Hammond replied: "It's going to be really hard as the standard of football is high. I'd like to get 15 goals and nail down a starting place in the first 11.