County upset for ladies
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend. In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston s Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend.
In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston's Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs) registering the only win.
In the afternoon singles, Cambs and Hunts made a flying start when Sarah Attwood (Gogs), Herminione Fitzgerald (Links) and Phipps won the top three matches.
In the other match Bedfordshire and Suffolk halved their match.
You may also want to watch:
On the second day Cambs and Hunts faced a strong Suffolk team and lost 512-312. Once again they were 2-1 down after the morning foursomes with the Links pair of Caroline Agnew and Jackie Gregg winning their match.
The afternoon singles started badly with the loss of the top three matches, but McGuigan halved her match and Phipps and Gregg both won.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Cambs and Hunts then faced Bedfordshire but could only secure a half. Again the morning foursomes saw Cambs and Hunts go in 2-1 down with Attwood and Fitzgerald recording the only win.
In the afternoon singles Attwood, Phipps and Gregg won their matches, with Fitzgerald gaining a half.
Suffolk won the tournament by beating Norfolk 5-4, with Bedfordshire second and Cambs and Hunts third.