County upset for ladies
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend. In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston s Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend.
In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston's Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs) registering the only win.
In the afternoon singles, Cambs and Hunts made a flying start when Sarah Attwood (Gogs), Herminione Fitzgerald (Links) and Phipps won the top three matches.
In the other match Bedfordshire and Suffolk halved their match.
On the second day Cambs and Hunts faced a strong Suffolk team and lost 512-312. Once again they were 2-1 down after the morning foursomes with the Links pair of Caroline Agnew and Jackie Gregg winning their match.
The afternoon singles started badly with the loss of the top three matches, but McGuigan halved her match and Phipps and Gregg both won.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Cambs and Hunts then faced Bedfordshire but could only secure a half. Again the morning foursomes saw Cambs and Hunts go in 2-1 down with Attwood and Fitzgerald recording the only win.
In the afternoon singles Attwood, Phipps and Gregg won their matches, with Fitzgerald gaining a half.
Suffolk won the tournament by beating Norfolk 5-4, with Bedfordshire second and Cambs and Hunts third.