County upset for ladies
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend. In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston s Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs
DESPITE getting off to a good start the Cambs and Hunts County Ladies were unable to defend their county title at the weekend.
In their opening match against Norfolk they lost the morning foursomes 2-1 with Royston's Jenny McGuigan and Janet Phipps (Gogs) registering the only win.
In the afternoon singles, Cambs and Hunts made a flying start when Sarah Attwood (Gogs), Herminione Fitzgerald (Links) and Phipps won the top three matches.
In the other match Bedfordshire and Suffolk halved their match.
You may also want to watch:
On the second day Cambs and Hunts faced a strong Suffolk team and lost 512-312. Once again they were 2-1 down after the morning foursomes with the Links pair of Caroline Agnew and Jackie Gregg winning their match.
The afternoon singles started badly with the loss of the top three matches, but McGuigan halved her match and Phipps and Gregg both won.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Cambs and Hunts then faced Bedfordshire but could only secure a half. Again the morning foursomes saw Cambs and Hunts go in 2-1 down with Attwood and Fitzgerald recording the only win.
In the afternoon singles Attwood, Phipps and Gregg won their matches, with Fitzgerald gaining a half.
Suffolk won the tournament by beating Norfolk 5-4, with Bedfordshire second and Cambs and Hunts third.