County cup joy for Town
Herons Youth 1 Buntingford Town 4 ANOTHER solid performance from Town s improving youth team saw them gain a place in the last 32 of the county cup with a comfortable victory in Watford on Sunday (October 29) afternoon. The game was dominated by the visit
Herons Youth 1 Buntingford Town 4
ANOTHER solid performance from Town's improving youth team saw them gain a place in the last 32 of the county cup with a comfortable victory in Watford on Sunday (October 29) afternoon.
The game was dominated by the visitors from start to finish with long spells of good controlled football and only some heroic goalkeeping from the home stopper kept the score to a respectable record.
The foundations were achieved in the first five minutes as Town gained a two goal advantage.
You may also want to watch:
After just 70 seconds Ashley Townsend was felled in the box by the keeper and he duly sent the home custodian the wrong way from the spot.
Four minutes later, Jamie Morriss picked up a loose ball outside the area and cracked a low right-footed strike into the bottom left corner.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Despite many good saves and close shaves Town did not extend their lead until the 58th minute when Townsend added his second goal heading home a pin-point Jake Tyler cross from 10 yards.
The opposition scored a consolation in the 63rd minute after a lapse of concentration in the Town rearguard but Town keeper Robbie Cook had little else to do as the visitors continued to press and dominate.
Townsend completed a well deserved hat-trick with nine minutes remaining when he slotted home from 12 yards after a fine team move.
Town will travel to Cuffley in early December in the next round.