Cougars under-nines undone by Biggleswade
Buntingford Cougars 3 Biggleswade 6 Under-nines THE Cougars took an early lead with a goal from Nate Ridgewell but conceded twice before half time in this match. The second half saw Harrison Knowles score his first goal for the Cougars but again his side
Buntingford Cougars 3 Biggleswade 6
THE Cougars took an early lead with a goal from Nate Ridgewell but conceded twice before half time in this match.
The second half saw Harrison Knowles score his first goal for the Cougars but again his side conceded two more.
The hosts kept going and pulled a goal back through Joe Flack but could not catch their opponents and despite a fine performance from Oliver Cornell lost 6-3.
Cougars Blues and Whites v Stevenage Borough Lions
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Melbourn Bowls Club celebrates centenary
- 3 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 6 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 World Photography Day: Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust launches third Wild Snaps competition
- 9 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 10 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
THE Blues and Whites played away to Stevenage Borough Lions in the league and trophy cups
The Blues dominated the first game and Joe Babbage opened the scoring after five minutes. He then scored a second for the Cougars a few minutes later.
Paris Coldicott-Stevens put home a great ball to make it three with Luke Garrett scoring a fine goal towards the end of the first half.
Stevenage never lost their spirit and enthusiasm and scored on the stroke of half time to make things interesting but Sidney Arnold scored the only goal of the second half to make it a fine 5-1 victory to Cougars.
The Whites' game was closely fought, ending in a 3-1 victory to Cougars.
James Savage scored the first two with the third coming from Simon Keogh.