Cougars lose out in seven-goal thriller
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3 COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday. Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defend
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3
COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday.
Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defender Ollie Woodcock, after Alex West struck two sweet balls into the danger zone.
At the other end Woodcock and keeper Tim Rice collaborated to keep Broadhall out. Broadhall's all round strength brought them back into the game though, again via a corner and a solo effort which left the Cougars defence with little chance.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Cougars not only had to compete against the home side but also battle with the wind in their faces.
Broadhall pressed home their strength and increased their lead, their last goal being given a lift from the wind. However Cougars were not finished and a goal from leading scorer Ben Johnson gave them encouragement for the last ten minutes of the game, but they were unable to find a way past the resolute Broadhall defence.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- An unconvincing performance from the under-11 Whites ended in a 3-2 win over bottom club Albion Youth with George Tuttle's second half goal the best of the three.
- Goals from Claire Clough and Emma Trehearn gave the under-11 girls a 2-1 win at Hoddesdon Barn Owls.
- Second half goals from Lee Stevens (2), Brett Richardson and Joe Pemberton gave the under-13 Whites as 4-0 win at Weston Youth.
- Paul Briffett's goal was all the under-eighs had to show for their efforts against WelwynGarden City. The Blues lost 3-1 and the Whites went down 1-0.