Cougars lose out in seven-goal thriller
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3 COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday. Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defend
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3
COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday.
Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defender Ollie Woodcock, after Alex West struck two sweet balls into the danger zone.
At the other end Woodcock and keeper Tim Rice collaborated to keep Broadhall out. Broadhall's all round strength brought them back into the game though, again via a corner and a solo effort which left the Cougars defence with little chance.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Cougars not only had to compete against the home side but also battle with the wind in their faces.
Broadhall pressed home their strength and increased their lead, their last goal being given a lift from the wind. However Cougars were not finished and a goal from leading scorer Ben Johnson gave them encouragement for the last ten minutes of the game, but they were unable to find a way past the resolute Broadhall defence.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- An unconvincing performance from the under-11 Whites ended in a 3-2 win over bottom club Albion Youth with George Tuttle's second half goal the best of the three.
- Goals from Claire Clough and Emma Trehearn gave the under-11 girls a 2-1 win at Hoddesdon Barn Owls.
- Second half goals from Lee Stevens (2), Brett Richardson and Joe Pemberton gave the under-13 Whites as 4-0 win at Weston Youth.
- Paul Briffett's goal was all the under-eighs had to show for their efforts against WelwynGarden City. The Blues lost 3-1 and the Whites went down 1-0.