Cougars lose out in seven-goal thriller
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3 COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday. Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defend
Broadhall Youth U-14 4 Buntingford Cougars 3
COUGARS lost out in this seven goal thriller on Sunday.
Indeed it was Cougars that shocked the home side striking goal first and putting themselves two goals ahead early on, both from headed corners from defender Ollie Woodcock, after Alex West struck two sweet balls into the danger zone.
At the other end Woodcock and keeper Tim Rice collaborated to keep Broadhall out. Broadhall's all round strength brought them back into the game though, again via a corner and a solo effort which left the Cougars defence with little chance.
In the second half Cougars not only had to compete against the home side but also battle with the wind in their faces.
Broadhall pressed home their strength and increased their lead, their last goal being given a lift from the wind. However Cougars were not finished and a goal from leading scorer Ben Johnson gave them encouragement for the last ten minutes of the game, but they were unable to find a way past the resolute Broadhall defence.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- An unconvincing performance from the under-11 Whites ended in a 3-2 win over bottom club Albion Youth with George Tuttle's second half goal the best of the three.
- Goals from Claire Clough and Emma Trehearn gave the under-11 girls a 2-1 win at Hoddesdon Barn Owls.
- Second half goals from Lee Stevens (2), Brett Richardson and Joe Pemberton gave the under-13 Whites as 4-0 win at Weston Youth.
- Paul Briffett's goal was all the under-eighs had to show for their efforts against WelwynGarden City. The Blues lost 3-1 and the Whites went down 1-0.