Cougars go through – but it’s tough work
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell. Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win. Will Si
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell.
Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win.
Will Silverosa and Darren Aldridge got the goals.
Angus Lloyd-Skinner netted the winner as Cougars Under-16s beat Stevenage Colts 2-1.
Although the visitors took the lead, Buntingford hit back through in form Matt Campany.
The match was a good physical battle, and there were chances at both ends before Lloyd-Skinner's deciding goal.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Four first half goals helped Cougars Under-12s to a 4-0 win over Bishop's Stortford.
They made the breakthrough when a Stortford player put through his own goal, before two strikes from Joe Pemberton and a lob from Michael Hardy increased the lead.
The home side fought back in the second half, but some resolute defending ensured Cougars kept a clean sheet.
There was also a 4-0 win for Cougars Under-10 Blues, who beat Bedwell Rangers.
Both Charlie Owen and Jack Caine scored twice, although Caine's second owed much to a double deflection which deceived the home keeper.
However, Cougars Under-nine Blues' winning streak came to an abrupt end as they lost 3-1 at Letchworth. Jack McMeechan scored the Buntingford goal.
The Whites had to settle for a point in their match, despite taking a 2-0 first half lead through Dane Hyland and Ollie Pallett.
A good second half Letchworth comeback meant the match finished 2-2.e