Cougars go through – but it’s tough work
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell. Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win. Will Si
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell.
Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win.
Will Silverosa and Darren Aldridge got the goals.
Angus Lloyd-Skinner netted the winner as Cougars Under-16s beat Stevenage Colts 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Although the visitors took the lead, Buntingford hit back through in form Matt Campany.
The match was a good physical battle, and there were chances at both ends before Lloyd-Skinner's deciding goal.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Four first half goals helped Cougars Under-12s to a 4-0 win over Bishop's Stortford.
They made the breakthrough when a Stortford player put through his own goal, before two strikes from Joe Pemberton and a lob from Michael Hardy increased the lead.
The home side fought back in the second half, but some resolute defending ensured Cougars kept a clean sheet.
There was also a 4-0 win for Cougars Under-10 Blues, who beat Bedwell Rangers.
Both Charlie Owen and Jack Caine scored twice, although Caine's second owed much to a double deflection which deceived the home keeper.
However, Cougars Under-nine Blues' winning streak came to an abrupt end as they lost 3-1 at Letchworth. Jack McMeechan scored the Buntingford goal.
The Whites had to settle for a point in their match, despite taking a 2-0 first half lead through Dane Hyland and Ollie Pallett.
A good second half Letchworth comeback meant the match finished 2-2.e