Cougars go through – but it’s tough work
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell. Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win. Will Si
Buntingford Cougars under-14 progressed to the fourth round of the league cup with a 2-0 win over Ashwell.
Cougars made hard work of it, but some sterling defensive work from Scott Caine and keeper Toby Greig provided the foundations for the win.
Will Silverosa and Darren Aldridge got the goals.
Angus Lloyd-Skinner netted the winner as Cougars Under-16s beat Stevenage Colts 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Although the visitors took the lead, Buntingford hit back through in form Matt Campany.
The match was a good physical battle, and there were chances at both ends before Lloyd-Skinner's deciding goal.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
Four first half goals helped Cougars Under-12s to a 4-0 win over Bishop's Stortford.
They made the breakthrough when a Stortford player put through his own goal, before two strikes from Joe Pemberton and a lob from Michael Hardy increased the lead.
The home side fought back in the second half, but some resolute defending ensured Cougars kept a clean sheet.
There was also a 4-0 win for Cougars Under-10 Blues, who beat Bedwell Rangers.
Both Charlie Owen and Jack Caine scored twice, although Caine's second owed much to a double deflection which deceived the home keeper.
However, Cougars Under-nine Blues' winning streak came to an abrupt end as they lost 3-1 at Letchworth. Jack McMeechan scored the Buntingford goal.
The Whites had to settle for a point in their match, despite taking a 2-0 first half lead through Dane Hyland and Ollie Pallett.
A good second half Letchworth comeback meant the match finished 2-2.e