Cougars fight back to earn draw
BUNTINGFORD Cougars under-10 Blues battled back to earn a 2-2 draw against Knebworth Youth A & B in their first league match of the season. The Cougars started slowly and, despite having the majority of possession, found themselves 2-0 down at half-time.
BUNTINGFORD Cougars under-10 Blues battled back to earn a 2-2 draw against Knebworth Youth A & B in their first league match of the season.
The Cougars started slowly and, despite having the majority of possession, found themselves 2-0 down at half-time.
But the Blues were much improved after the break and a dipping long-range effort from Jack McMeehan reduced the deficit.
Sam Ward tapped in from a yard out to restore parity and Ryan Peck almost won it for the visitors but his fierce strike was superbly saved by Knebworth's goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
BUNTINGFORD under-10 Whites also gave away a two-goal lead, eventually losing 2-1 to Knebworth.
Max Boosey's left-foot strike gave the Whites a chance of salvaging a point but despite dominating the second half they just could not find a leveller.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
THE under-11 Whites were on the wrong end of an 8-3 drubbing in their first match against Letchworth Whites.
The Whites started slowly and found themselves 3-0 down after just 15 minutes.
Two quick goals from Tom Payne and Will Hewer got the Whites back into the game and would have gone into the break on level terms, had George Woods found the net instead of Letchworth's crossbar.
But the Letchworth dominated the second-half and scored a further five goals, before Tom Ashdown grabbed a consolation.
COUGARS under-15s got their season off to the worst possible start with a 12-0 home defeat against Symonds Green.
The Cougars came up short all over the pitch and they will hope to erase this game from the memory quickly before their next match, away against Stansted.
COUGARS under-16 team started their campaign with a win against Bishop Stortford Town (BSCFC).
Stortford took the lead in the first-half against the run of play, but Michael Holland equalised for the Cougars to leave the match all-square at half-time.
Stortford started the second-half strongly and only some stoic defending and brave goalkeeping from Cougars' Tim Rice kept the scores level.
Tommy Farrety scored what proved to be the Cougars' winner and despite some late Stortford pressure his side held firm for the win.