Cougars fight back to earn draw
BUNTINGFORD Cougars under-10 Blues battled back to earn a 2-2 draw against Knebworth Youth A & B in their first league match of the season. The Cougars started slowly and, despite having the majority of possession, found themselves 2-0 down at half-time.
BUNTINGFORD Cougars under-10 Blues battled back to earn a 2-2 draw against Knebworth Youth A & B in their first league match of the season.
The Cougars started slowly and, despite having the majority of possession, found themselves 2-0 down at half-time.
But the Blues were much improved after the break and a dipping long-range effort from Jack McMeehan reduced the deficit.
Sam Ward tapped in from a yard out to restore parity and Ryan Peck almost won it for the visitors but his fierce strike was superbly saved by Knebworth's goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
BUNTINGFORD under-10 Whites also gave away a two-goal lead, eventually losing 2-1 to Knebworth.
Max Boosey's left-foot strike gave the Whites a chance of salvaging a point but despite dominating the second half they just could not find a leveller.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
THE under-11 Whites were on the wrong end of an 8-3 drubbing in their first match against Letchworth Whites.
The Whites started slowly and found themselves 3-0 down after just 15 minutes.
Two quick goals from Tom Payne and Will Hewer got the Whites back into the game and would have gone into the break on level terms, had George Woods found the net instead of Letchworth's crossbar.
But the Letchworth dominated the second-half and scored a further five goals, before Tom Ashdown grabbed a consolation.
COUGARS under-15s got their season off to the worst possible start with a 12-0 home defeat against Symonds Green.
The Cougars came up short all over the pitch and they will hope to erase this game from the memory quickly before their next match, away against Stansted.
COUGARS under-16 team started their campaign with a win against Bishop Stortford Town (BSCFC).
Stortford took the lead in the first-half against the run of play, but Michael Holland equalised for the Cougars to leave the match all-square at half-time.
Stortford started the second-half strongly and only some stoic defending and brave goalkeeping from Cougars' Tim Rice kept the scores level.
Tommy Farrety scored what proved to be the Cougars' winner and despite some late Stortford pressure his side held firm for the win.