Cougars come from behind to win local derby
Buntingford Cougars Whites 2 Hormead Hares Blacks 1 Under-12s Division four THE Cougars ran out winners against local rivals Hormean Hares, and with the victory came top place of the Division Four table. Hormead started the game well and put the Cougars u
Buntingford Cougars Whites 2 Hormead Hares Blacks 1
Under-12s Division four
THE Cougars ran out winners against local rivals Hormean Hares, and with the victory came top place of the Division Four table.
Hormead started the game well and put the Cougars under pressure with the strong wind behind them, but the hosts' defence held well.
You may also want to watch:
The Cougars could have taken the lead but from a goal line clearance from a Hormead player, and the teams went in level at the break.
In the second half the Cougars started the stronger with the wind behind them, but a breakaway goal for Hormead gave the visitors a surprise lead.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
The Cougars never dropped their heads and from a great cross from man-of-the-match Will Thorp a fine finish from George Woods levelled the game.
The Cougars at this point never looked back and soon got the winner from another great cross from Will Thorp which Ieuan Brierly converted to give his side the win they deserved.