Coppen lines up two finals
ROYSTON S Matt Coppen faces two county finals, having qualified for the county singles and county pairs final. Alongside Peter Adams, Coppen breezed through to the pairs final following a comprehensive 20-8 victory over their Garston BC opponents. Coppe
ROYSTON'S Matt Coppen faces two county finals, having qualified for the county singles and county pairs final.
Alongside Peter Adams, Coppen breezed through to the pairs final following a comprehensive 20-8 victory over their Garston BC opponents.
Coppen then saw off Andrew Birden of St Albans-based Townsend BC, bouncing back from being 18-13 down and three points away from defeat.
The talented 17-year-old dug deep however, and fought back to claim an entertaining 21-18 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
Don Sheriff reached the next round of his L&D singles bid with a convincing 21-1 victory over Barry Platten of the Letchworth-based Whitehorn BC.
However, Eileen Sheriff was less successful in her bid to reach the final of the Ladies Champion of Champions, slipping to 21-10 semi-final defeat to June Lonegan of Sele Farm BC.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Resuming action in the M&D League, Royston saw off Chesterton 71 (5 points) to 61 (2 points). In a close affair Beryl Huckle, John Huffer and skip Derek Goodwin clinched the win for Royston, while the club also claimed a win in the third round of the L&D Triples, with Terry Hollands, Bob Porter and Laurie Ramsay seeing off their Letchworth Conservatives opponents 17-13.
Peter Graves, Mel Flack, and Don Sheriff were also in action in the L&D Triples and in taking on rivals Baldock BC in a tight encounter Royston managed to edge in front and secure a valuable 15-12 win.