Coppen lines up two finals
ROYSTON S Matt Coppen faces two county finals, having qualified for the county singles and county pairs final. Alongside Peter Adams, Coppen breezed through to the pairs final following a comprehensive 20-8 victory over their Garston BC opponents. Coppe
ROYSTON'S Matt Coppen faces two county finals, having qualified for the county singles and county pairs final.
Alongside Peter Adams, Coppen breezed through to the pairs final following a comprehensive 20-8 victory over their Garston BC opponents.
Coppen then saw off Andrew Birden of St Albans-based Townsend BC, bouncing back from being 18-13 down and three points away from defeat.
The talented 17-year-old dug deep however, and fought back to claim an entertaining 21-18 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
Don Sheriff reached the next round of his L&D singles bid with a convincing 21-1 victory over Barry Platten of the Letchworth-based Whitehorn BC.
However, Eileen Sheriff was less successful in her bid to reach the final of the Ladies Champion of Champions, slipping to 21-10 semi-final defeat to June Lonegan of Sele Farm BC.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
Resuming action in the M&D League, Royston saw off Chesterton 71 (5 points) to 61 (2 points). In a close affair Beryl Huckle, John Huffer and skip Derek Goodwin clinched the win for Royston, while the club also claimed a win in the third round of the L&D Triples, with Terry Hollands, Bob Porter and Laurie Ramsay seeing off their Letchworth Conservatives opponents 17-13.
Peter Graves, Mel Flack, and Don Sheriff were also in action in the L&D Triples and in taking on rivals Baldock BC in a tight encounter Royston managed to edge in front and secure a valuable 15-12 win.