Convincing Saffron victory
Saffron Rangers 3 Steeple Morden Reserves 1 FOLLOWING the heavy defeat at the hands of Melbourn seven days earlier manager Paul Jarman demanded a reaction from his charges this week as they travelled to Duxford to take on the undefeated league leaders.
Saffron Rangers 3
Steeple Morden Reserves 1
FOLLOWING the heavy defeat at the hands of Melbourn seven days earlier manager Paul Jarman demanded a reaction from his charges this week as they travelled to Duxford to take on the undefeated league leaders.
Both sides had chances early on but it was the home team that took the lead from a corner, the ball, fortuitously going in off the back of the striker's head.
You may also want to watch:
Morden battled back and replied almost immediately. A good exchange of passes between Steve Little and Kieran Smith resulted in the driven low cross that evaded the attention of the home defence and Sam Jones was on hand to drive home from 10 yards.
Little was in the thick of it 15 minutes later when the ball struck his arm on the goal line and the referee pointed to the spot.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The kick sent keeper Tim Tidey the wrong way and the lead was restored.
On the stroke of half time Rangers struck lucky, a shot that looked to be covered by Tidey took a big deflection and nestled in the corner of the net.
Morden, to a man, were left somewhat bewildered by their misfortune. Neither side managed to add to their tally in the second period, Jason Clark coming closest for the visitors.