Convincing Saffron victory
Saffron Rangers 3 Steeple Morden Reserves 1 FOLLOWING the heavy defeat at the hands of Melbourn seven days earlier manager Paul Jarman demanded a reaction from his charges this week as they travelled to Duxford to take on the undefeated league leaders.
Saffron Rangers 3
Steeple Morden Reserves 1
FOLLOWING the heavy defeat at the hands of Melbourn seven days earlier manager Paul Jarman demanded a reaction from his charges this week as they travelled to Duxford to take on the undefeated league leaders.
Both sides had chances early on but it was the home team that took the lead from a corner, the ball, fortuitously going in off the back of the striker's head.
You may also want to watch:
Morden battled back and replied almost immediately. A good exchange of passes between Steve Little and Kieran Smith resulted in the driven low cross that evaded the attention of the home defence and Sam Jones was on hand to drive home from 10 yards.
Little was in the thick of it 15 minutes later when the ball struck his arm on the goal line and the referee pointed to the spot.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
The kick sent keeper Tim Tidey the wrong way and the lead was restored.
On the stroke of half time Rangers struck lucky, a shot that looked to be covered by Tidey took a big deflection and nestled in the corner of the net.
Morden, to a man, were left somewhat bewildered by their misfortune. Neither side managed to add to their tally in the second period, Jason Clark coming closest for the visitors.