Comeback seals trophy triumph
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday. First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love. Next
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday.
First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love.
Next up were the ladies doubles with Caroline McCormick and partner Christine Knight taking on Kathryn Betts and Sue Addison.
McCormick and Knight took the first set and despite being 4-1 up in the second after many deuce games Betts and Addison made a strong comeback to take the second set in a tiebreak before taking the third, and the Rose Bowl trophies, to claim the title.
You may also want to watch:
These were the last matches in the club's annual tournament this year.
The next round of matches for all teams will start in two weeks when the Cambridgeshire Winter Adult League commences with the men's second team away to Buckden.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
The junior teams will be playing in the Hertfordshire Winter League.
For full details of all matches and club membership visit www.royston-tennis.co.uk