Comeback seals trophy triumph
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday. First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love. Next
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday.
First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love.
Next up were the ladies doubles with Caroline McCormick and partner Christine Knight taking on Kathryn Betts and Sue Addison.
McCormick and Knight took the first set and despite being 4-1 up in the second after many deuce games Betts and Addison made a strong comeback to take the second set in a tiebreak before taking the third, and the Rose Bowl trophies, to claim the title.
These were the last matches in the club's annual tournament this year.
The next round of matches for all teams will start in two weeks when the Cambridgeshire Winter Adult League commences with the men's second team away to Buckden.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
The junior teams will be playing in the Hertfordshire Winter League.
For full details of all matches and club membership visit www.royston-tennis.co.uk