Comeback seals trophy triumph
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday. First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love. Next
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the mixed and ladies doubles finals on Saturday.
First out were Kathryn Betts and partner John Goodbody against Karin Lambert and Roger Maybury and the exciting match saw the latter pair take Randall Cup by two sets to love.
Next up were the ladies doubles with Caroline McCormick and partner Christine Knight taking on Kathryn Betts and Sue Addison.
McCormick and Knight took the first set and despite being 4-1 up in the second after many deuce games Betts and Addison made a strong comeback to take the second set in a tiebreak before taking the third, and the Rose Bowl trophies, to claim the title.
You may also want to watch:
These were the last matches in the club's annual tournament this year.
The next round of matches for all teams will start in two weeks when the Cambridgeshire Winter Adult League commences with the men's second team away to Buckden.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The junior teams will be playing in the Hertfordshire Winter League.
For full details of all matches and club membership visit www.royston-tennis.co.uk