Colts worked hard - but not hard enough
Baldock Town Crusaders U-10 3 Royston Town Colts B 1 THIS was a very even contest throughout and Colts worked hard against a side they had beaten earlier in the season. However, Colts did not have the penetration necessary in the final third to create
Baldock Town Crusaders U-10 3
Royston Town Colts B 1
THIS was a very even contest throughout and Colts worked hard against a side they had beaten earlier in the season.
However, Colts did not have the penetration necessary in the final third to create enough clear-cut chances.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock scored the opener with a fine ball from midfield splitting the Colts defence and the striker slotting the ball home.
In the second half Colts scored an equaliser after Jack Freeman made a strong run down the right, cut inside and was tackled on the edge of the box, the ball fell kindly to Jack Pearce whose snap shot took a minor deflection to take it around the keeper.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Colts then made it hard work again after a poor goal kick fell at the feet of a Crusaders player who ran the ball straight back at goal and chipped the ball over Colts keeper Harry Townsend.
Crusaders killed the game off after hesitation in the Colts box after a corner allowed the ball to be slotted home with ease.