Colts worked hard - but not hard enough
Baldock Town Crusaders U-10 3 Royston Town Colts B 1 THIS was a very even contest throughout and Colts worked hard against a side they had beaten earlier in the season. However, Colts did not have the penetration necessary in the final third to create
Baldock Town Crusaders U-10 3
Royston Town Colts B 1
THIS was a very even contest throughout and Colts worked hard against a side they had beaten earlier in the season.
However, Colts did not have the penetration necessary in the final third to create enough clear-cut chances.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock scored the opener with a fine ball from midfield splitting the Colts defence and the striker slotting the ball home.
In the second half Colts scored an equaliser after Jack Freeman made a strong run down the right, cut inside and was tackled on the edge of the box, the ball fell kindly to Jack Pearce whose snap shot took a minor deflection to take it around the keeper.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Colts then made it hard work again after a poor goal kick fell at the feet of a Crusaders player who ran the ball straight back at goal and chipped the ball over Colts keeper Harry Townsend.
Crusaders killed the game off after hesitation in the Colts box after a corner allowed the ball to be slotted home with ease.