Colts win three on the spin
ROYSTON TOWN YOUTH COLTS 3 - 1 FC COMETS COLTS made it three wins on the trot as they overcome a strong comets side. With confidence on a high, Colts quickly got into their stride with some excellent pass and move play. Playing at the Heath for the
ROYSTON TOWN YOUTH COLTS 3 - 1 FC COMETS
COLTS made it three wins on the trot as they overcome a strong comets side.
With confidence on a high, Colts quickly got into their stride with some excellent pass and move play.
Playing at the Heath for the first time due to their home pitch being unavailable because of school grounds work, Colts took to the bigger pitch well by using the extra space out wide.
You may also want to watch:
Mackenzie Harris on the left wing had a good game supplying superb cross after superb cross.
However it was good link play by Bradley Calvert and Cameron Smith (man of the Match) which saw the latter sprint into the visitors penalty area and send an unstoppable shot pass the Keeper.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
The game was end to end and a great tackle by Sam Chapman in defence set up another chance when Alfie Noades showed his pace as he ran around a defended to collect his own pass and send in a cross which was well saved by the Keeper and the feet of Jimi Smith.
However it wasn't too long before Colts doubled their lead when the impressive Calvert again linked up with Cameron Smith with some sublime one and two touch football to allow Cameron Smith to fire home form the edge of the box.
The second half kicked off and it was clear Comets had not just come to make the numbers up as they had a couple of really good chances to get on the score-sheet however Colts Keeper Tom Grimshaw stood firm.
A quick throw-in and turn set up another goal this time tapped in by Calvert. Colts still pressed for another when Comets burst through to catch Grimshaw off his line for a deserved consolation goal.
Great team spirit and a friendly crowd from both clubs made this a very enjoyable game.
TEAM: Tom Grimshaw, Sam Chapman, Conor Eustace, Troy Mayo, Josh Toovey, Mackenzie Harris, Bradley Calvert, Jimi Smith, Alfie Noades, Cameron Smith, Jordan Howe.