Colts start with a win
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth 3 Under-12 ROYSTON Town Youth Under-12s Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin. Having had most of the early exchanges, RTY Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe latched onto a
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth 3
ROYSTON Town Youth Under-12s Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin.
Having had most of the early exchanges, RTY Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe latched onto a through ball by Bradley Calvert and fired home.
You may also want to watch:
RTY Colts were still celebrating when a shot from a FC Comets striker eluded, man-of-the-match, Jack Gwether in the Royston goal to equalise.
RTY Colts were still enjoying most of the play and a long clearance from Gwether was controlled by Howe who sent a first time shot from outside the area into the bottom corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
RTY Colts did not learn from their earlier mistake and conceded another goal more or less from the kick off to make the scores level at the interval.
The second half was a much more even affair with good defensive play by the back four consisting of Sam Chapman, Josh Toovey, Troy Mayo and Conor Eustace.
FC Comets regularly threatened with some excellent corners but the game was won by a moment of shear brilliance when Cameron Smith collected the ball on the halfway line went on a mazy run and sent a unstoppable curling shot into the back of the net.
RTY Under-12s Colts team - Jack Gwether, Sam Chapman, Josh Toovey (Capt), Troy Mayo, Conor Eustace, Mackenzie Harris, Cameron Smith, Alfie Noades, David Mansfield, Bradley Calvert, Jordan Howe, George Way, Owen Reader.