Colts start with a win
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth 3 Under-12 ROYSTON Town Youth Under-12s Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin. Having had most of the early exchanges, RTY Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe latched onto a
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth 3
ROYSTON Town Youth Under-12s Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin.
Having had most of the early exchanges, RTY Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe latched onto a through ball by Bradley Calvert and fired home.
RTY Colts were still celebrating when a shot from a FC Comets striker eluded, man-of-the-match, Jack Gwether in the Royston goal to equalise.
RTY Colts were still enjoying most of the play and a long clearance from Gwether was controlled by Howe who sent a first time shot from outside the area into the bottom corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
RTY Colts did not learn from their earlier mistake and conceded another goal more or less from the kick off to make the scores level at the interval.
The second half was a much more even affair with good defensive play by the back four consisting of Sam Chapman, Josh Toovey, Troy Mayo and Conor Eustace.
FC Comets regularly threatened with some excellent corners but the game was won by a moment of shear brilliance when Cameron Smith collected the ball on the halfway line went on a mazy run and sent a unstoppable curling shot into the back of the net.
RTY Under-12s Colts team - Jack Gwether, Sam Chapman, Josh Toovey (Capt), Troy Mayo, Conor Eustace, Mackenzie Harris, Cameron Smith, Alfie Noades, David Mansfield, Bradley Calvert, Jordan Howe, George Way, Owen Reader.