Colts make it three in a row!
ROYSTON Colts Under- 9 s achieved an amazing feat on Saturday by winning the Royston Crow Youth League Cup for the third year running. The Colts beat Bedwell Colts 3-2 on penalties in a tight game that remained goal-less after full-time and extra-time.
ROYSTON Colts Under- 9's achieved an amazing feat on Saturday by winning the Royston Crow Youth League Cup for the third year running.
The Colts beat Bedwell Colts 3-2 on penalties in a tight game that remained goal-less after full-time and extra-time.
Goalkeeper Corey Anderson was the Colts' hero, saving two penalties as Matthew Stout, Jordan Campbell and Stephen Thake converted their chances.
Colts manager John Campbell and coach Paul Stout were extremely proud of the way their players played.
You may also want to watch:
John said: "Not only did they play some great football, but they showed just how resilient they are when games start going against them.
"This was a great reward for a superb season and they fully deserved it."
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
Royston Colts reached the final after topping their group league, which meant they met Letchworth Blue in the quarter-final.
After beating Letchworth 1-0, Colts then played Stevenage Boro Reds in the semi-final. Despite going a goal behind, Royston fought back and won the game 2-1.