Colts make it three in a row!
ROYSTON Colts Under- 9 s achieved an amazing feat on Saturday by winning the Royston Crow Youth League Cup for the third year running. The Colts beat Bedwell Colts 3-2 on penalties in a tight game that remained goal-less after full-time and extra-time.
ROYSTON Colts Under- 9's achieved an amazing feat on Saturday by winning the Royston Crow Youth League Cup for the third year running.
The Colts beat Bedwell Colts 3-2 on penalties in a tight game that remained goal-less after full-time and extra-time.
Goalkeeper Corey Anderson was the Colts' hero, saving two penalties as Matthew Stout, Jordan Campbell and Stephen Thake converted their chances.
Colts manager John Campbell and coach Paul Stout were extremely proud of the way their players played.
You may also want to watch:
John said: "Not only did they play some great football, but they showed just how resilient they are when games start going against them.
"This was a great reward for a superb season and they fully deserved it."
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
Royston Colts reached the final after topping their group league, which meant they met Letchworth Blue in the quarter-final.
After beating Letchworth 1-0, Colts then played Stevenage Boro Reds in the semi-final. Despite going a goal behind, Royston fought back and won the game 2-1.