Colts looking fine after hitting nine
St Neotts Town Youth Whites U11s 3 Royston Town Youth Colts U11s 9
Royston Town Youth Colts U11s maintained their impressive seven-match winning run with a 9-3 victory over St Neotts Town Youth Whites.
Colts took a quick two goal lead with both early goals coming from skipper Callum Toovey only for st neotts to pull one back almost immediately.
Bruce Barnes netted his first of two and Keiran Blois scored the goal of the game following a brilliant solo run and calm finish to make the score 4-1 at half time.
Michael Baulk got two goals to take his league tally to 22 and continue his run of scoring in every game so far this season. St Neots also scored two more in what was a competitive start to the second half. Royston stepped up a gear with some good midfield work from Tom Fox, Tom Turner, Lewis Anderson and Matthew Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Barnes notched his second of the match while Bailey won a penalty after being fouled following a surging run. Jamie Copeland stepped up confidently to score the spot-kick for his first of the season and Turner finished off the scoring when his strong cross-come-shot found its way in at the near post.
Goalkeeper Rory Hunter was awarded the Man of the Match award for some important saves in the first half that allowed his team to push on.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Royston Town Youth Colts U11s: Rory Hunter, Bradley Whale, Jamie Copeland, Jamie Penn, Joe Burn, Tom Turner, Callum Toovey (C), Matthew Bailey, Tom Fox, Michael Baulk, Bruce Barnes, Lewis Anderson, Keiran Blois.