Colts hold on to beat Arlesey
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2 Under-12s Division Three ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn t help Royston s already frail confidence. Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good throug
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2
Under-12s Division Three
ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn't help Royston's already frail confidence.
Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good through ball from Cameron Smith found Jimi Smith who finished the move off.
The Colts continued to press and with strong defending began to take control.
A well taken corner by Alfie Noades (man-of-the-match) saw a well taken goal by Bradley Calvert after the 'keeper had spilled the first effort.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
With the seconds ticking down to half time Arlesey pressed and a speculative cross shot eluded Tom Grimshaw in the Royston goal to even up the game.
In the second half the Colts started better and had a series of chances but could not find that killer ball.
Then Scott Batchelor, running on to a pass from Noades, shot from just inside the penalty area past the 'keeper for his first goal for the club.
The game became open with equal amount of chances from both sides but it was the Colts' day as they held on for a much needed and deserved win.
Colts: Grimshaw, Chapman, Mayo, Toovey, Eustace, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Howe. Subs: Batchelor, Mansfield.