Colts hold on to beat Arlesey
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2 Under-12s Division Three ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn t help Royston s already frail confidence. Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good throug
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2
Under-12s Division Three
ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn't help Royston's already frail confidence.
Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good through ball from Cameron Smith found Jimi Smith who finished the move off.
You may also want to watch:
The Colts continued to press and with strong defending began to take control.
A well taken corner by Alfie Noades (man-of-the-match) saw a well taken goal by Bradley Calvert after the 'keeper had spilled the first effort.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
With the seconds ticking down to half time Arlesey pressed and a speculative cross shot eluded Tom Grimshaw in the Royston goal to even up the game.
In the second half the Colts started better and had a series of chances but could not find that killer ball.
Then Scott Batchelor, running on to a pass from Noades, shot from just inside the penalty area past the 'keeper for his first goal for the club.
The game became open with equal amount of chances from both sides but it was the Colts' day as they held on for a much needed and deserved win.
Colts: Grimshaw, Chapman, Mayo, Toovey, Eustace, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Howe. Subs: Batchelor, Mansfield.