Colts hold on to beat Arlesey
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2 Under-12s Division Three ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn t help Royston s already frail confidence. Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good throug
Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Arlesey Town Youth 2
Under-12s Division Three
ARLESEY started this tie with a bang with a goal in the first minute which didn't help Royston's already frail confidence.
Yet within five minutes the Colts scored when a good through ball from Cameron Smith found Jimi Smith who finished the move off.
You may also want to watch:
The Colts continued to press and with strong defending began to take control.
A well taken corner by Alfie Noades (man-of-the-match) saw a well taken goal by Bradley Calvert after the 'keeper had spilled the first effort.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
With the seconds ticking down to half time Arlesey pressed and a speculative cross shot eluded Tom Grimshaw in the Royston goal to even up the game.
In the second half the Colts started better and had a series of chances but could not find that killer ball.
Then Scott Batchelor, running on to a pass from Noades, shot from just inside the penalty area past the 'keeper for his first goal for the club.
The game became open with equal amount of chances from both sides but it was the Colts' day as they held on for a much needed and deserved win.
Colts: Grimshaw, Chapman, Mayo, Toovey, Eustace, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Howe. Subs: Batchelor, Mansfield.