Colts hit five past Symonds Green
Symonds Green 0 Royston Town Youth Colts 5 Under-12s Division Three THE Colts travelled to Stevenage for the second weekend in a row and came away with the spoils. From the very first kick the Colts played at a very high tempo, passing the ball around wit
Symonds Green 0 Royston Town Youth Colts 5
Under-12s Division Three
THE Colts travelled to Stevenage for the second weekend in a row and came away with the spoils.
From the very first kick the Colts played at a very high tempo, passing the ball around with purpose and accuracy, and it was not long before a fast flowing move was finished off with a goal from Jimi Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The whole team seemed to want to touch the ball and their support play was fantastic throughout.
After a series of free kicks awarded Alfie Noades sent in a driven cross for Bradley Calvert to score from the rebound after the unlucky Green 'keeper did very well.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Green had a rare attack on the Colts goal which ended when they were awarded a penalty and up stepped their striker with a fierce shot only for it to sail harmlessly over the bar.
The third goal came just before half time with a great run and shot from Scotty Batchelor, his third in as many games.
After the break the hosts tried to create a chance but they found that the Colts back four consisting of George Way, Josh Toovey, Troy Mayo and Conor Eustace were determined to keep a clean sheet.
With constant pressure on the hosts' goal it was too long before Calvert had added to his first half effort to make the score 4-0 but the Colts were not finished and up poped Alfie Noades with a fine run and an unstoppable shot from just outside the area that flew into the top corner of the net.
But for some bad finishing and some good goalkeeping by Green the score could have easily be doubled.
Royston Colts: Grimshaw (GK), Way, Mayo, Toovey, Eustace, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Batchelor. Subs: Howe.