Colts hit five past Symonds Green
Symonds Green 0 Royston Town Youth Colts 5 Under-12s Division Three THE Colts travelled to Stevenage for the second weekend in a row and came away with the spoils. From the very first kick the Colts played at a very high tempo, passing the ball around wit
Symonds Green 0 Royston Town Youth Colts 5
Under-12s Division Three
THE Colts travelled to Stevenage for the second weekend in a row and came away with the spoils.
From the very first kick the Colts played at a very high tempo, passing the ball around with purpose and accuracy, and it was not long before a fast flowing move was finished off with a goal from Jimi Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The whole team seemed to want to touch the ball and their support play was fantastic throughout.
After a series of free kicks awarded Alfie Noades sent in a driven cross for Bradley Calvert to score from the rebound after the unlucky Green 'keeper did very well.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Green had a rare attack on the Colts goal which ended when they were awarded a penalty and up stepped their striker with a fierce shot only for it to sail harmlessly over the bar.
The third goal came just before half time with a great run and shot from Scotty Batchelor, his third in as many games.
After the break the hosts tried to create a chance but they found that the Colts back four consisting of George Way, Josh Toovey, Troy Mayo and Conor Eustace were determined to keep a clean sheet.
With constant pressure on the hosts' goal it was too long before Calvert had added to his first half effort to make the score 4-0 but the Colts were not finished and up poped Alfie Noades with a fine run and an unstoppable shot from just outside the area that flew into the top corner of the net.
But for some bad finishing and some good goalkeeping by Green the score could have easily be doubled.
Royston Colts: Grimshaw (GK), Way, Mayo, Toovey, Eustace, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Batchelor. Subs: Howe.