Colts down United
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11 Under-eights IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0. Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their hea
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11
IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0.
Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their heads to go down as it was a game of attack against defence. In fact, brilliant goalkeeping by Lee Kendall kept the score down as he made at least four great saves.
You may also want to watch:
Lee also set up United's only goal with a long clearance that was latched onto by Viliam who hit a fantastic shot into the top corner.
The second match was much closer until three late goals by Potton made the score line more convincing then the play, but notable performances by Caitlin Cox and George Moore helped shore up United's defence.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
The team, who only formed in the summer, will have learned a lot from the past two performances against teams who have been together for a year.
Biggleswade: Jacob Guildford, Viliam Bily, Kai Richards, James Hogben, Lewis Murray, Mason Smith, Jack Albone, James Keller, Caitlin Cox, Lee Kendall, Joshua Francis, Alex Crouch, Alex Artemi, George Moore.