Colts down United
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11 Under-eights IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0. Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their hea
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11
IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0.
Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their heads to go down as it was a game of attack against defence. In fact, brilliant goalkeeping by Lee Kendall kept the score down as he made at least four great saves.
Lee also set up United's only goal with a long clearance that was latched onto by Viliam who hit a fantastic shot into the top corner.
The second match was much closer until three late goals by Potton made the score line more convincing then the play, but notable performances by Caitlin Cox and George Moore helped shore up United's defence.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
The team, who only formed in the summer, will have learned a lot from the past two performances against teams who have been together for a year.
Biggleswade: Jacob Guildford, Viliam Bily, Kai Richards, James Hogben, Lewis Murray, Mason Smith, Jack Albone, James Keller, Caitlin Cox, Lee Kendall, Joshua Francis, Alex Crouch, Alex Artemi, George Moore.