Colts down United
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11 Under-eights IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0. Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their hea
Biggleswade United 1 Potton Colts 11
IT was another tough day at the office for Biggleswade under-eights as they went down to Potton, losing the first match 7-1 and the second 4-0.
Credit has to be given to the team for not allowing their heads to go down as it was a game of attack against defence. In fact, brilliant goalkeeping by Lee Kendall kept the score down as he made at least four great saves.
Lee also set up United's only goal with a long clearance that was latched onto by Viliam who hit a fantastic shot into the top corner.
The second match was much closer until three late goals by Potton made the score line more convincing then the play, but notable performances by Caitlin Cox and George Moore helped shore up United's defence.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
The team, who only formed in the summer, will have learned a lot from the past two performances against teams who have been together for a year.
Biggleswade: Jacob Guildford, Viliam Bily, Kai Richards, James Hogben, Lewis Murray, Mason Smith, Jack Albone, James Keller, Caitlin Cox, Lee Kendall, Joshua Francis, Alex Crouch, Alex Artemi, George Moore.