Colts come up trumps at Aces
Hemel Stages Aces Yellows U11s 3 Royston Town Youth Colts U11s 5
Royston Town Youth Colts U11s recorded a brilliant 5-3 victory away at Hemel Stags Aces Yellows.
The match was a great advertisement for youth football as two good teams lined up against each other to play a competitive cup match in the correct spirit of the game.
Royston took an early lead with a well-finished goal from Michael Baulk following a good pass by Jamie Penn. Diamonds drew level with a fine strike before taking the lead shortly afterwards.
Penn restored parity with a clever glancing header from a corner and Baulk made it 3-2 just before half time with a cool finish after latching onto a defence splitting pass by Callum Toovey.
You may also want to watch:
Diamonds equalised early in the second half despite some good stops by Lewis Anderson in goal, but from then on it was Royston who were in control with Whale and his fellow full-back Joe Burnplaying well.
Jack Hallewell kept the opposition’s speedy attacker under wraps and Keiran Blois, Tom Turner and Matthew Bailey stepped up the midfield pressure for Royston. Jamie Penn sealed a fantastic Man of the Match performance by notching two more goals for his hat-trick, the first from another Baulk corner and then a good finish following some persistent work by Tom Fox to see them through to the next round.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims