Colts come up trumps at Aces
Hemel Stages Aces Yellows U11s 3 Royston Town Youth Colts U11s 5
Royston Town Youth Colts U11s recorded a brilliant 5-3 victory away at Hemel Stags Aces Yellows.
The match was a great advertisement for youth football as two good teams lined up against each other to play a competitive cup match in the correct spirit of the game.
Royston took an early lead with a well-finished goal from Michael Baulk following a good pass by Jamie Penn. Diamonds drew level with a fine strike before taking the lead shortly afterwards.
Penn restored parity with a clever glancing header from a corner and Baulk made it 3-2 just before half time with a cool finish after latching onto a defence splitting pass by Callum Toovey.
You may also want to watch:
Diamonds equalised early in the second half despite some good stops by Lewis Anderson in goal, but from then on it was Royston who were in control with Whale and his fellow full-back Joe Burnplaying well.
Jack Hallewell kept the opposition’s speedy attacker under wraps and Keiran Blois, Tom Turner and Matthew Bailey stepped up the midfield pressure for Royston. Jamie Penn sealed a fantastic Man of the Match performance by notching two more goals for his hat-trick, the first from another Baulk corner and then a good finish following some persistent work by Tom Fox to see them through to the next round.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall