Colts canter into cup second round
ROYSTON Town Colts under-13s thrashed Ashwell Academicals to secure their place in the second round of the county cup. Colts raced to a scintillating 7-2 home win against their Division 2 rivals – a win that was inspired by another Jordan Hall hat-trick.
ROYSTON Town Colts under-13s thrashed Ashwell Academicals to secure their place in the second round of the county cup.
Colts raced to a scintillating 7-2 home win against their Division 2 rivals - a win that was inspired by another Jordan Hall hat-trick.
Starting well, Jake Benstead netted from distance with a goal that took just 42 seconds.
Royston bombarded the Ashwell goal, with Hall hitting the bar, and Jack Bailey striking a post.
You may also want to watch:
Bailey made amends moments later however, turning a delightful shot past the Ashwell keeper.
Conor Saggers then made it three with a solo effort as Royston outclassed their higher division opposition.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Hall made it four following up an Ashley Chapman strike, before the home side took their foot off the gas and allowed Ashwell in to score two goals.
However, some unselfish play from Benstead set up Hall up for his second and Colts' fifth, with the same player involved in Hall's hat-trick soon after.
Bailey increased the lead further with Royston's seventh, with a clinical finish capping a fine move from Chapman and Max McLean.
Royston will now face Wymondley Park in the second round.