Colts canter into cup second round
ROYSTON Town Colts under-13s thrashed Ashwell Academicals to secure their place in the second round of the county cup. Colts raced to a scintillating 7-2 home win against their Division 2 rivals – a win that was inspired by another Jordan Hall hat-trick.
ROYSTON Town Colts under-13s thrashed Ashwell Academicals to secure their place in the second round of the county cup.
Colts raced to a scintillating 7-2 home win against their Division 2 rivals - a win that was inspired by another Jordan Hall hat-trick.
Starting well, Jake Benstead netted from distance with a goal that took just 42 seconds.
Royston bombarded the Ashwell goal, with Hall hitting the bar, and Jack Bailey striking a post.
You may also want to watch:
Bailey made amends moments later however, turning a delightful shot past the Ashwell keeper.
Conor Saggers then made it three with a solo effort as Royston outclassed their higher division opposition.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Hall made it four following up an Ashley Chapman strike, before the home side took their foot off the gas and allowed Ashwell in to score two goals.
However, some unselfish play from Benstead set up Hall up for his second and Colts' fifth, with the same player involved in Hall's hat-trick soon after.
Bailey increased the lead further with Royston's seventh, with a clinical finish capping a fine move from Chapman and Max McLean.
Royston will now face Wymondley Park in the second round.